Author Topic: Remotes behaving badly.  (Read 4389 times)

chaos1965

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Remotes behaving badly.
« on: June 07, 2008, 03:38:20 am »
Does anyone know of an issue with the Windows MCE remote/reciever where two things happen;

1. Initially directly after install, the remote works fine in the orbiter, but once inside mythtv none of the arrow keys, numbers, work, but the shortcut buttons like for the guide do work.

2. I did nothing, one day the remote arrow keys started working in mythtv, but now it acts like I pressed the button twice, for example i'm moving through my movie list or tv guide and it always jumps two items.  As if i hit it twice.  I checked if maybe the remote was re-transmitting the signal very fast, and it is not.  It doesn't repeat transmission until 5 seconds of holding the button down.

I've experimented with the lirc.conf, re-mapping buttons, etc... I've probably learned way more about lirc and the way remotes work in mce than i really wanted to lol.

I'm out of ideas...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:21:09 am by chaos1965 »

chaos1965

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Remotes behaving badly.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 08:17:52 pm »
I have continued to play with this issue.  Noone else has experienced something similar? 

I have since tried this with 3 different MCE remotes of different flavors.  (two silvers, and a black one).  I also used different recievers, I did this in a methodical fashion. 

If I understand correctly, the remote behaves dynamically depending on where you at in the orbiter...  So that would explain why my arrow keys and such won't work in Myth, maybe it doesn't realize i'm using myth so it doesn't switch/load the codes for Myths keymappings?  Shot in the dark here...

Doesn't explain the double key pressing...

I also installed on a different machine with a fresh download.  Same results..

I'm sure it's something to do on my end if noone else has had this problem...

chaos1965

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:24:23 am »
I solved the problem with the repeated commands by creating a .lircrc with a delay setting in it telling it to ignore repeated key presses within a specified threshold.

The arrow keys still don't work inside mythtv put work everywhere else...

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »
Old thread, but I recently had this problem; where all click repeated.  and fixed it by adding
Code: [Select]
echo none +lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols to /etc/rc.local ; found the solution here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=89190

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 04:34:06 am »
Old thread, but I recently had this problem; where all click repeated.  and fixed it by adding
Code: [Select]
echo none +lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols to /etc/rc.local ; found the solution here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=89190

Do you know if that adversely affects any other remotes?  We could make this a default if not.

J.

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 11:14:40 pm »
Hi Folks

Just wanted  to say I was having the issue for 12.4, and above post resolved the issues.

The issues I  had it was skipping every second title in the movie list, and I had to press up and down several times, before it  would stop on the correct title.

also when pressing next on the remote, it would not skip to the next 20 titles, I had to press down until i reached the last title to get to the next 20 titles.

follow above post and it worked prefect now ....

still having issues with certain play back of mp4 video's, but hey just have to wait for a response   back from Thom!

USB REMOTE IS
/dev/input/event3
   bustype : BUS_USB
   vendor  : 0x1784
   product : 0x1
   version : 0
   name    : "Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared "
   phys    : "usb-0000:00:1d.1-1"
   bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_MSC EV_REP

/dev/input/event4
   bustype : (null)
   vendor  : 0x0
   product : 0x0
   version : 0
   name    : "MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (mceusb)"
   phys    : "/input0"
   bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_REL EV_MSC EV_REP

cheers
Gov
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:39:43 pm by Govo »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 04:04:44 am »
still having issues with certain play back of mp4 video's, but hey just have to wait for a response   back from Thom!

We use the latest libxine 1.2.6 so any issues with video playback will need to be tested.  Can you provide an ~10MB snippet of the video in question so we can test?  Please PM me with the info to not hi-jack this thread.  Thanks.

J.