I can't find a bug reporting tool so I'm posting my notes here. If there is a more appropriate place, please let me know.
I have been trying to install the AMD 64 710 RC2 version of MCE and have noticed some problems. This is a clean install from the (torrent donwloaded) iso file. The system consists of: ASUS M2NPV-VM, Athlon X2 6000, 2GB RAM, 40 GB HDD, using the on-board Nvidia 6150 video.
1) Minor: When entering room names, I can't use the apostrophe - nothing shows on the screen when I try. (I assume this is a problem in the handling of single quotes since I can use the double quote - but only if I click the screen keyboard.)
2) Minor: The video parameters are set to 1024 X 768. I adjust the zoom (out once) and the location (right twice). When the desktop appears, it seems to have ignored the adjustments. It is too large and "hiding" it's left edge off the screen. (I still need to try an install without alpha blending to see if that has an effect.)
3) Minor but irritating: The installer should be able to automatically detect any of the common video capture cards like my ATI TV Wonder (basic) rather than asking me to identify it.
4) Minor but confusing: When "Adding" the video capture card, the lector says "enter the name of the manufacturer" - meanwhile the list of devices (containing only the word "generic") is obscured by a long series of pop-ups announcing the installation of Mythtv. After entering the manufacturer's name, there is no button available to continue the process and hitting the Enter key on my keyboard has no effect. (I have to click on the "generic" term in the menu list before the button will appear.)
5) Medium: After adding the ATI card and no other devices (no IR, no lighting, etc.) the MD finally appears - but only the basic menu list and a cursor. The background is black and empty and the menu scroll-ups don't work when the cursor passes over them. In fact, nothing works but the mouse cursor. I even waited about 2 hours to see if there was some very slow process running. No such luck. I need to manually switch to a terminal login and then switch back to the MD screen to get the menus to work. Even then the MD background stays black and blank.
6) Medium: While plodding through the installation items, a screen suddenly appears announcing that "DCEROUTER" has been found and should it be added to the configuration. During the last 6 install attempts, I have not yet figured out how I outght to be responding. Any answer other than NO seems to lead to an infinite loop of such announcements.