Author Topic: ZvBox from ZeeVee  (Read 2274 times)

Sancho

• First post!
    • View Profile
ZvBox from ZeeVee
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:55:01 pm »
I've been waiting to find the holy grail of mobos that will be the perfect media director.  I have yet to find one like many of you here.

After scouring the net I came across the ZvBox and watched the promo vids.  It basically takes the VGA out (and 5.1 via USB) from your comp and converts it into a HD ATSC (1080i) signal and pushes it through your existing coax cable in your home.  The technology is called "localcasting" and I think it looks very promising, especially if it works with LinuxMCE and MythTV.

<http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/05/zeevee_one_box_to_broadcast_pcs_hd_video_all_over_the_house-2.html>

Thoughts? The only negative I can come up with is that you can't watch 2 different things since it's only one direct stream...

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
Re: ZvBox from ZeeVee
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:23:15 pm »
I personally think this defeats the purpose.. You could use this to broadcast out to a ATSC tuner, but without the MD near, you lose all the features like follow me, and the like..
IMHO, the idea is to have MD's all over.  There are many component to cat5 baluns around that will basically do the same thing as this device..

HTH,

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.