Author Topic: Soundblaster Live Player 1024 (emu10k1) SPDIF Output  (Read 3266 times)

albal

• View Profile
Soundblaster Live Player 1024 (emu10k1) SPDIF Output
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:25:37 pm »
Hi,

I've got a new installation of LinuxMCE 0710, Hybrid Install (one PC with MD/Core) - I'm having trouble getting the SPDIF output recognised by my A/V amp.  I'm using a GF 8600GT Card which encodes AC3 over HDMI (the card has HDMI output and can take an SPDIF input).

I have installed the latest Nvidia Drivers.  The card is functioning perfectly at 1080p on my Samsung TV.

When I open the audio properties on the Main LinuxMCE control panel* (the one that is visible as the MD/Core starts up) the line for audio device is blank and I can't seem to edit it.

Under /proc/sound/asound (??? I forget the location to be exact) I can see that the emu10k1 is detected in the correct PCI Slot.  However, I'm stuck from there on how I can next configure the SPDIF output - I assume I have to get some sort of mixer settings up but I don't know where they might be.  *Also I'm not sure this will help as the device is not being shown in the Audio Tab or the LMCE Control Panel (as detailed above).

Please does anyone have an SB Live 1024 Player working on AMD64 - if so what steps did you need to take to get this card recognised by LMCE and working with SPDIF output.

Many thanks,
Al

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Soundblaster Live Player 1024 (emu10k1) SPDIF Output
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:37:43 pm »
Hi,

Have you tried bypassing the A/V amp and go HDMI directly to the T.V?

Have you re-ran the LMCE A/V wizard and tried the SPDIF audio selection as compared to analog audio selection?

Just passing some ideas.

Cheers.

albal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 04:29:03 pm »
Yes I have tried both the TV and Amp.

I've also tried the Analogue, optical and coax options - I'll definitely need the Coax option set.  However, in the "LinuxMCE Control Panel" under Audio options there is nothing in the device field.  I wonder if that is because it is built into the kernel.

I'll have a look again tonight when I am home - I found a few useful entries on the wiki.

Cheers,
Al

albal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:37:45 am »
Okay I did get digital output working but not through HDMI.  It seems the SB doesn't have a SPDIF Output, only the coax output and as such won't drive the TTL input on the graphics card.

However, you could trick the SB into thinking it has a live drive attached and this may then allow you to use the SPDIF Outputs.  Though I'm not able to confirm if this works.

I'm going to have to find a new soundcard that has SPDIF Output.

Thanks,
Al