Author Topic: Can't set up pipes for Marantz SR6001  (Read 2292 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Can't set up pipes for Marantz SR6001
« on: May 29, 2008, 05:38:15 am »
In the release version, there seems to be a template for the Marantz SR series of receivers - I'm assuming this is the one that Hari created... however, it doesn't autodetect it during the setup wizard. Is this because the pnp script hasn't been included yet?

I have tried creating the device manually, but I simply can't get my head around how these work (in particular pipes). I create the device, set the com port (actually a USB to serial converter that it recognises), etc.

But when I try to create a pipe (audio or video) both the core and the receiver only have outputs, no inputs - surely the receiver should have inputs as well? How do I get it to create these?

I'm assuming that I just have to create an audio and video pipe from the core to the receiver, and that should be it... right?
Also, when I try sending "test" codes from the template to the receiver it doesn't do anything....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:23:44 am by colinjones »

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Can't set up pipes for Marantz SR6001
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:35 am »
Changing the title - hopefully will capture more eyes!

Really just need to understand if it should be pnp'ing the Amp or if that script isn't in there yet for the SR series even though the device template is, and how I can get it to detect it if it is....

Col.