Author Topic: Any one running MCE Core with Webmin or NXServer?  (Read 2652 times)

trossman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Any one running MCE Core with Webmin or NXServer?
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:36:44 pm »
I've had my hybrid core get all messed up twice  - see http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5341.msg31259#msg31259

Does anyone know if there's a problem with running NXServer?  I know the MCE Launcher does NOT work from a remote NX session and neither does the cd installer.  Both times I hosed up my core I tried running the launcher remotely.

How bout webmin?  The only thing I can think of is that I reconfigured samba to appear on my workgroup - but I doubt that would cause this kind of problem.  Any suggestions before I reinstall and cause yet another fu?

thanks in advance
Andrew

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Any one running MCE Core with Webmin or NXServer?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:49:46 pm »
I don't have any of that on my Hybrid, what do you need it for?

"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

trossman

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Any one running MCE Core with Webmin or NXServer?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:58:53 pm »
NXServer is a very fast remote desktop (free) product - way faster than X or VNC.  Since my core is in a closet, I'd like remote access and since I'm a lame *nix user, I like my GUIs.  For this same reason, I find Webmin is a great linux administration tool.  Unfortunately startup scripts and the like don't work with pluto/mce (until we make it more of a kubuntu add-on).

Anyway, I recently reinstalled again and did not put NX or webmin on.  I am trying to keep it as vanilla as possible.