Author Topic: $$$ EVENTS BASED ON SUNRISE/SUNSET  (Read 11558 times)

leiba2652

• View Profile
$$$ EVENTS BASED ON SUNRISE/SUNSET
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:50:57 pm »
Hi,

i'm willing to pay someone who develop the code to be able to set events based on sunrise/ sunset.

i think all that info can be pulled from a number of websites based on a zip code.

please contact me with your price at leiba2652_ at gmail dot_ _com

thanks

joseph

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: $$$ EVENTS BASED ON SUNRISE/SUNSET
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:06:49 am »
So how much are you planning to spend on this feature we already have?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

leiba2652

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:13:06 am »
let me take a look again, and see if it works that way, and i'll be happy to contribute toward the project.

oh, and by the way, don't be nasty to a guy who's willing to pay to help the project along....

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 01:58:48 am »
geez man, he's already pointed you to that exact feature and you ignored him and posted again! BTW, what are you talking about setting a location - have you installed LMCE yet? Didn't you notice that it actually determines it location automatically and tells you on screen? It uses this (lat/long/etc) to determine your sunrise/set times automatically, and fires those events then ... just hook into the events and use them like he suggested...

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:50:38 am »
geez man, he's already pointed you to that exact feature and you ignored him and posted again! BTW, what are you talking about setting a location - have you installed LMCE yet? Didn't you notice that it actually determines it location automatically and tells you on screen? It uses this (lat/long/etc) to determine your sunrise/set times automatically, and fires those events then ... just hook into the events and use them like he suggested...
Hi,

just quick related question: can those calculated times be checked or seen somewhere ?

Do we have some state (day/night) that could queried after those events (sometimes you must query current state without waiting for events to happen) ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:07:07 am »
Can I add a further question?! Is there any way the Sunrise/set events can be varied - eg <sunrise-30mins> or <sunset+60mins>? The actual point of sunrise and set is not necessarily the actual time you want to turn on/off lights, for instance. In many circumstances you will want to turn on lights long before actual sunset as it could be very dark in the house already, or perhaps in the higher latitudes you might want to delay this significantly because the sunset dusk period is very long...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:53:49 pm »
You can delay it by adding a DCERouter Delay command using the Advanced wizard... but you can't do a negative delay.

-Thom

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 09:45:45 pm »
Can I add a further question?! Is there any way the Sunrise/set events can be varied - eg <sunrise-30mins> or <sunset+60mins>? The actual point of sunrise and set is not necessarily the actual time you want to turn on/off lights, for instance. In many circumstances you will want to turn on lights long before actual sunset as it could be very dark in the house already, or perhaps in the higher latitudes you might want to delay this significantly because the sunset dusk period is very long...

I also thought about that possibility. Sometimes it's needed to have some delay. Regarding Thom's replay it's possible to set positive delay. At least will use that :)
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 09:51:28 pm »
You can delay it by adding a DCERouter Delay command using the Advanced wizard... but you can't do a negative delay.

Is this #97 PK_Pipe (int)?
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 10:06:27 pm »
No.

If you use the Advanced Wizard, you can select the DCERouter device, and there is a command for Delay.

The delay value is in minutes.