Author Topic: New Idea to View Photos and Videos  (Read 2743 times)

donatopace

• First post!
    • View Profile
New Idea to View Photos and Videos
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:16:31 am »
Hi to all,

i have a new idea to visualize photo and video wich are in folders and subfolders...
it is based on: http://www.piclens.com/demo/#

but i want customize it ... now i explain you better...

"Piclens" show all photo and video one near to the next and this is not good !
For Photo: the best is to separate the group of photo wich are in the same folder and with the recent date with a large black space from the next group of photo wich are in the another folder.

For Video: the best is generate Gif images animated wich represent all chapters of Video DVD or MPG.

Any suggestion is welcome.

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: New Idea to View Photos and Videos
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 06:02:21 am »
I guess it is conceivable for a MediaRSS plugin that would allow the existing piclens browser extensions to work. This might be an interesting exercise for someone :)

As you sort of implied by your customisations, I am not convinced that a image wall like this is an effective way to find media, esecially video content. It is find for an ever changing feed of content like flikr and youTube but for a media collection I think choice is based more on the metadata (title, genre, recording date etc) rather than an image.

To test it out though - a plugin the produces the format that piclens is expecting would be the best way forward IMO. From its front page this is a Media RSS feed I think.