Author Topic: Comand ir  (Read 3432 times)

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Comand ir
« on: June 01, 2008, 07:17:39 am »
http://commandir.com/

Anyone played with this? I'm debating buying on e to play with if there is a chance it may work as advertised.

It also looks like developers can apply for free hardware...

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Comand ir
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:32:53 pm »
Looks good, I think most of the other curren IR solutions that are supported have closed source drivers so this seems like a perfect alternative to me.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

tafypz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:24:29 pm »
I am using it and love it.

I control 4 cable boxes with it, very easy to setup.
They set up http://lircconfig.commandir.com/ in order to create a lirc.config and create the channel changing script for you.

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:35:37 pm »
So you are using it with Lmce? I plan to get the second generation with the 56khz for dish network reciever control.

tafypz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:40:17 pm »
I use it from within mythtv to change the channel a given cable box.

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:25:17 pm »
I thought maybe that would be limiting with lmce, I would like to see it implemented with the whole lmce setup. Man that would be sweet, I have been having seriou difficulties with lirc using 0710RC2 in fact I cant get it to work.

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:28:22 pm »
So...Basically within mythtv you can select a tuner and when you change the channels for that tuner the proper STB is controlled ? Right, or could you elaborate. How do you switch tuners? I have never been able to get lmce to do that with the "change tuner" button from the menu and "y" doesnt work either as it does with Mythtv distro. The only way I can get it to change a tuner is to hit record on the 1st tuner and then close and reopen the TV that forces the next tuner, a little cumbersome though.

tafypz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 06:30:41 pm »
here how I use it,
mythtv-setup -> input connections -> external channel change script : I provide the channelchanger path along with the remote spec found in lirc.config and the ir port of the command IR for the given STB (1-4) it looks like :
/usr/local/bin/chchange sa-4250 1
then when the given tuner is used you will have mythtv automatically change the channels.
I thing I should mention is that all my tv watching is done through different MDs, the Core is headless and the only things in need of IR control are the 4 STBs that are only used through mythtv...