Author Topic: 720P Component Overscan on KDE Desktop  (Read 1058 times)

rodercot

720P Component Overscan on KDE Desktop
« on: June 01, 2008, 04:16:25 am »
I swtiched the system over to my TV a 57" Sony RPTV. I set it up with the Tv-OUT Component on the 8600. The overlay in Alpha Blending looks great at 720P (Can we enable 1080i here somehow as well) but my question is the KDE desktop is way over scanned I cannot see the top of it at all and I see about 50% of the taskbar. This is not a huge issue but when I choose IE MythTV setup I cannot access the bottom buttons to continue with the install.  Can we change KDE's res in Webadmin or does it have to be done in KDE and if I have the overlay in will setting the KDE desktop at like 800x600 or 1024x768 screw up my overlay.

Thanks,

Dave

rodercot

Re: 720P Component Overscan on KDE Desktop
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:41:07 am »
ANYBODY???

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 05:40:32 pm »
Most TV systems (Projection, direct view, Plasma/LCD) overscan a lot. There are no easy work-arounds. The Video Wizard has an adjustment that adjusts LMCE's menu's but can't adjust the other sources. Scaling in the system could be done but it would be a long slow process of tweaking modelines and it may not work.

You should check the modelines you are using against the Myth database and see if they are optimum. The ATSC ones should work optimally since they are what comes in on broadcast.

rodercot

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 10:28:20 pm »
Thanks 1audio,

Yes I will be looking the mode lines next. The actual overlay in ( I switched off Alpha Blending) 720P is great and movies look pretty good as well. This sonly although it supports it has never really handled 720P very well. I will get 1080I working first and then play aroung with the optimum settings.

Thanks,

Dave