Author Topic: [solved] How to call a user?  (Read 5360 times)

HorstJ

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
[solved] How to call a user?
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:07:50 am »
Hi everone,

I try to get my system running, but a few things are not working yet. Therefore I have a few questions, hoping to get an answer, even if most of the gurus are working on the 710 release   ;D

- Is it possible to use a users extension in FreePBX configurations?
- If so, how could it be done? Only orbiter extensions are available in my configuration.
- Does your linuxcme generate the user extension or is it only available for internal use on Asterisk?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 06:10:27 pm by HorstJ »

HorstJ

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: How to call a user?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 01:39:17 pm »
Is no one using the telecom feature?
Please, have a look at your system as and lend me a helping hand, as I think it is a lmce related problem and there is no other place to seek for help therefore.

Again...Thanks  :)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:07:55 pm »
Go to the web-admin site and look under "Wizard | Users", you'll see that every user has an "Extension for intercom" assigned, I think that might be what you're looking for.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

HorstJ

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 09:01:35 am »
Thanks Zaerc,
I found this extension already. But my problem is, I'm not able to use it in any way. It is not avaiable in FreePBX, thus I can't set an end point for call routing...

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:21:35 am »
Thanks Zaerc,
I found this extension already. But my problem is, I'm not able to use it in any way. It is not avaiable in FreePBX, thus I can't set an end point for call routing...
you're right... There is Telecom|Call Routing page under web-admin meant to determine call routing for each user... But formally user's extensions cannot be seen in Freepbx (although you can create those in freepbx also)...

But also there was a bug with b4 that didn't create proper config files for Asterisk and that could also cause you trouble...

I usually organize telephony in slightly different manner :
- I add dummy user "housephone" and redirect all calls to that user from Freepbx and then use call routing for that user in web-admin to determine what to do with each call. I guess doing this for each user in system is too specific...

HTH,

regards
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

HorstJ

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 08:41:39 am »
@Bulek If I got your right, you create a new lmce user "housephone"? But where is the link between freepbx and this lmce user? I see no difference between my "default" user and a newly created one.

Maybe its not user related and I should change my question to "How can I route asterisk calls into the lmce?". As I understand, I bypass the lmce by routing the call (in freepbx) directly to the orbiters extensions.

I fear there is only a small checkbox or any small trick I miss and the whole think is easy as pie  ;)

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:53:23 am »
Have a look at extentions_pluto_dial.conf it is auto generated and contains asterisk call routing functions in relation to media directors, users and house mode etc

NOS

HorstJ

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 11:42:23 pm »
I'm ashamed, but I don't get the relations  :-\

Do I need to change my /etc/asterisk/capi.conf context from "from-pstn" to "from-pluto-custom"?

Could you please give a detailed description what you have done with your system to get isdn or any custom incoming trunk running?

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:09:14 am »
I'm ashamed, but I don't get the relations  :-\

Do I need to change my /etc/asterisk/capi.conf context from "from-pstn" to "from-pluto-custom"?

Could you please give a detailed description what you have done with your system to get isdn or any custom incoming trunk running?

I'll try to give some more info:

1. SIP trunk (I have SIP trunk connected to my ISP)...
       a. incoming context is set to from-pstn
       b. Incoming route's destination is set to certain extension (house phone extension - 401 - in my case)
       c. 401 is custom extension doing nothing else that calling "This device uses custom technology.dial Local/306@ext-local"
       d. 306 is internal number for LMCE user Housephone - that is really dummy user - but you can make any routes you like with LMCE (on Telecom pages) for all users in the house....

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

HorstJ

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
[solved] How to call a user?
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 06:06:56 pm »
Bulek I love you  ;D ... I can't say as much "Thank you" as I have to!