Author Topic: Squeezebox + MD in the same room  (Read 3027 times)

felpouse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Squeezebox + MD in the same room
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:28:12 pm »
Dear all,

I would like to know and understand if it's correct this kind of situation.

I've a new fresh installation of LinuxMCE 7.10 via DVD install on a dedicated core/hybrid and two squeezeboxes in two separate rooms. The rooms are different respect to the room of the core/hybrid HW.

If I configure both the squeezeboxes correctly and use one orbiter to start the streaming of the music the correct squeeze start play the music. All the operation will complete correctly.

Then if I install MD in one of the room where is also present one of the squeezebox, when I select music from both the orbiter on the MD or from another orbiter (Nokia 770), the music start listening from the TV directly connected to the MD and not from the squeezebox.

I would like to know if this is correct and if it it's possible to change it, and be able to listen the music selected from the MD from the squeezebox and not from the MD.

The MD is connected to the TV via analog 3,5" cable audio.

If it's necessary to send or check any logs or send other info i'm ready to do it.

Any suggestion are welcome.

Best regards,

Luke :)

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Squeezebox + MD in the same room
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 08:56:49 pm »
Isn't this what the idea of "entertainment areas" was designed to handle?  You may want to look those up in th wiki.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:03:32 pm »
You can do this if you manually assign entertainment areas. You will need to tell LinuxMCE to manually set entertainment areas by going into Rooms on web admin, and click Manually Configure on the room you wish to split into more than one EA.

After you have done this, define one EA for your TV, and another for your squeezebox. Assign the MD to one of them, the squeezebox to the other.... You can then go into an EA like you go into a room, and play music on it. There are other configurations as well, unfortunately, I can't remember them off the top of my head.. Look in the Wiki, and search for Entertainment Area.

-Thom

felpouse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:54:53 pm »
Hi Thom,

many thanks for your info. I'll follow your suggestion and use the wiki for this.
I'll send you back my new info about that.

Best regards,

Luke