Author Topic: Adding Fiire Chief remote to existing install  (Read 2692 times)

jmcrtp

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Adding Fiire Chief remote to existing install
« on: May 24, 2008, 12:35:12 am »
Is there a page detailing this?  I only find how to try to get non-fiire chief remotes to work when searching.  Should this just be plug and play?  I see the led on the receiver is orange, should it be green?  It is solid, not flashing.  I tried to add remote, Fiire in the admin page.  I tried the MCR remote template and it does not seem to work after reloading the router.  Should I be using a different template?  When I select Mfr. Fiire, and click add filter there is no device template listed in the pull-down menu anymore. 

jmcrtp

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Fiire Chief remote to existing install
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 12:41:32 am »
I added the MCR dongle and then updated (I think I forgot to update in the first place) and the directional arrows work on the fiire chief now.  When I hit media button it only comes up with the cursor.  The gyration does not move the cursor on the screen, is there any other package I need to install for this?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 02:05:45 am »
No, just plug in the USB dongle (do not press the button on it) whilst the orbiter is running. It will install the software on its own. Then press the Connect button at the bottom of the remote and wait for 5 seconds. A message will pop up in the top left of the orbiter saying Active or Connected.

You need to press that button to bind them after every reboot or reload of the router (or orbiter). The LED flashes when you press buttons or the gyro is detecting motion - it is very sensitive, so even the vibrations from music can cause it to continue lit even if you aren't touching it!

BTW, the gyro times out after a short while (to save batteries?) of no motion - hit the big hand button in the middle or the menu button above it to wake it up...

schaferj

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:21:42 am »
added to wiki
thanks!