Author Topic: Device Template IR Codes  (Read 2267 times)

slampt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Device Template IR Codes
« on: May 23, 2008, 03:49:40 am »
I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but on 710 RC2 amd64 DVD install I have experienced a problem with adding my TV as a device template and putting all the IR codes in for said TV.
When I first set up the Device Template and I go to edit the IR codes, it has the buttons along the side such as Test Code, Delete Code etc. So I added some discrete codes for on/off manually, a pop up box comes up and gives you the option to Learn it or enter it manually. After a trying time to figure these codes out I have them all written down so I entered them manually and tested it. Yay they all worked. So i saved the template closed it and then when I came back to enter some more codes I opened the Template up went to Edit Audio/Video Properties but in this window where the Test Code button used to be, it is missing! Also when I click on New Code instead of a popup box with the option to Learn or enter manually I get a pop up box that says Infrared Code Learned! With an OK button and that's it.

Some people have said it was a problem with the amd64 version so I am downloading the i386 one.
If anyone else has seen this or knows a solution please let me know.

Cheers
Slampt.

*edit I am using the Microsoft MCE Remote/IR stuff

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:00:48 am by slampt »

slampt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Device Template IR Codes *SOLVED*
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:30:05 am »
Just an update,

I have installed the i386 dvd version and I still get the above problem.

Any advice?

Cheers
Slampt.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:51:46 am by slampt »

slampt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Device Template IR Codes
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:51:14 am »
Ok,

Just an update for everyone, and this may seem really dumb :P
It turns out if you create a device with said template during the Device Creation Stage when you exit and come back to make changes to said template it wouldn't allow me.  However if I delete the Device (Not the template) associate with said template and can then once again edit the Device Template.... *Inhales*

:P

Slampt