Author Topic: Media files attribute "viewed"/"unviewed"  (Read 2196 times)

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
Media files attribute "viewed"/"unviewed"
« on: May 22, 2008, 08:04:11 am »
Hello,

I am a former user of XBMC + Misterhouse + Zoneminder + Asterisk, and after my third LinuxMCE install in 2 weeks (each previous time I broke something and had to reinstall) I am finally to the point where my system will become useable. I agree with a post I read somewhere that said that it takes a month to get the system fully configured and customized!
I like that Linuxmce combines all the above features in one common sense application, and I wish I had found this earlier. I have always wanted my thin clients scattered around the house to work as both media stations (videos/music/tv) and access my desktop server. I was able to install a remote desktop client into my MDs and now it does just that! Beautiful!
There is a big lack of documentation, but it can only get better with time, and I plan to contriobute a few tips to the wiki where appropriate.

Now to my question:
How does Linuxmce decide to tag a file as "viewed" Does it happen as soon as I start playback, or after 10% of the file viewed? 50%? 100%?
Also, is this setting stored per user, meaning user 1 may have "viewed" the file, while user 2 has not?
Can this be set somewhere in the web admin? I did not find it among all the attributes? (I have a directory full of viewed movies that I am bringing to LinuxMCE. Will I have to go hack the database to mark those as "viewed")

And another question: does LinuxMCE supports displaying 2 parts of a movie file as a single item? For example if I have "Bee Movie Disk 1.avi" and "Bee Movie Disk 2.avi", I would like it to be represented as one single item in the video interface, just like XBMC does. I don't think this is happening right now. Would that be a suggestion for Mantis?

Thank you in advance for your answers. More to come for sure... (Fortunately a lot of the answers are burried right in those forums, that's how I came so far in the first place)

Jean