Author Topic: Navigate in Mythtv from orbiter?  (Read 3062 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Navigate in Mythtv from orbiter?
« on: December 11, 2005, 08:08:45 am »
This may be a really silly question but I can't seem to get the orbiters (windows xp and windows ce) to navigate the menus in mythtv. I cant find any button on any of the screens that does a simple up/down arrow or enter. I can enter live television and I can type in the channel I want to go to. But I cannot hit the down arrow key so I can navigate and watch any of my recorded shows... I cannot seem to figure it out for the Windows XP orbiter or the Windows Mobile 2003 orbiter... On my pocket pc I tried hitting my hardware navigation button but that just moves a red box around the keys in the orbiter screen itself..

Jack.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:06:15 am »
hi,

it's not silly at all, actually mythtv is a big issue for us now, because our mythtv integration is with problems.
if you try to watch mythtv you'll get a mesage 'could not connect to the master backend server' on the media director. you'll get a remote for pda, winxp or mobile phone, but you can't do anything with that remote.

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 05:43:48 pm »
I actually got around the 'could not connect to the master backend server' error message by correcting the port that the master backend server uses. It works with 6143 instead of 6543. So myth is working for me, and I can navigate and do everthing fine if I use the keyboard attached to the hybrid and my diskless MD but when I try to use the orbiter I cannot find how to move up or down in the menus.

Jack.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:53:58 pm »
Quote from: "anonymous"
I actually got around the 'could not connect to the master backend server' error message by correcting the port that the master backend server uses. It works with 6143 instead of 6543. So myth is working for me, and I can navigate and do everthing fine if I use the keyboard attached to the hybrid and my diskless MD but when I try to use the orbiter I cannot find how to move up or down in the menus.

Jack.

Hi,

I remember that buttons around play/pause button worked for up/down/left/right (I used them few releases back) - but checked now and this isn't working anymore....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 08:56:15 am »
i checked mythtv remote in my designer and indeed the buttons are different now. i remember i had other commands like move up/down/right/left but now i see change playback speed and change playlist position.
it suppose to work with this commands too, since the commands are sent to media plugin and then translated to mythtv, but obviously something is wrong with our mythtv integration

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 09:44:25 pm »
I'm glad I'm not crazy! I tried everything I could think of. Hopefully this will make it into an update soon...

Jack.