Author Topic: Forum Restructuring  (Read 2965 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Forum Restructuring
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:13:19 am »
I was reading another post in the user forum where the topic of restructuring the forums came up and I agree that division can get too specific, but I also think that it is a little too vague currently.  I haven't posted much on these boards, but I have been around for a few months and have found that researching the current boards is doable, but can be somewhat difficult, especially if you're just searching generically without looking for a specific question (ie. where search would work perfectly).  Anyways, I've always had this in the back of my mind and the following layout is what I think would be a good compromise between a little more division then we currently have without going overboard.

Users
-Bugs (All Categories, users encouraged to use bug tracker)
-Home Automation
-Media/TV
-Telephony

Developers
-Home Automation
-Media/TV
-Telephony

Feature Suggestions
-Home Automation
-Media/TV
-Telephony

I think users would be able to sort out the proper place to post in boards with that layout.  Some standardization could be put in place so people would be encouraged to use topic names like:

[Version] Topic Name
[7.10 b3] Asterisk Issues

Of course I understand that not all users would follow that standard of posting, but once people start doing it and people see it all over the place they are likely to follow suit and use the same standard.