Author Topic: Gyration MCE RF Remote on sale at Circuit city $36.96 free shipping  (Read 41779 times)

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Gyration MCE RF Remote on sale at Circuit city $36.96 free shipping
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 11:39:09 am »
guys....guys....

we use libxine directly! Xine_Player is NOT xine-ui.

Xine_Player is literally a native DCE player. Please look at the source code. There is no key mapping going on of any kind.

-Thom

Thank you Thom!  That helps in narrowing down the search.  Looking in Xine_Player.cpp there is some keyboard handling (up, down, left, right, & return) but then it looks like it doesn't do anything.

But knowing it is Xine_Player and DCE, I played in pluto_admin, My Devices, CORE, the core/hybrid, OnScreen Orbiter, Xine_Player.  I was able to "send command to device" to pause playback using the "Pause Media" command.  The neat feature here is that "send command to device" shows the MessageSend command line:
Code: [Select]
/usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend localhost 0 22 1 39 41 ""

Which shows up nicely in DCERouter.log as:
Received Message from 0 (unknown / ) to 22 (Xine Player / Living Room), type 1 id 39 Command:Pause Media, retry none, parameters: <0xa5fe9b90>
          Parameter 41(StreamID):  <0xa5fe9b90>

To find out which device is handling the keyboard, I then went back to tailing the DCERouter.log and pressed one of the keys that works (goto previous chapter) and saw this:
Received Message from 20 (OnScreen Orbiter / Living Room) to 10 (Media Plug-in / Living Room), type 1 id 65 Command:Jump Position In Playlist, retry none, parameters: <0x82f8ab90>
          Parameter 5(Value To Assign): -1

which then resends the command to the Xine_Player with a stream id:
Received Message from 20 (OnScreen Orbiter / Living Room) to 22 (Xine Player / Living Room), type 1 id 65 Command:Jump Position In Playlist, retry none, parameters: <0xa97f0b90>
         Parameter 5(Value To Assign): -1
         Parameter 41(StreamID): 1001 <0xa97f0b90>

So it's looking like the OnScreen Orbiter needs to be investigated next...

Thank you,
Roy

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 01:58:26 pm »
My mouse buttons work fine out of the box (after gyration "connect") and with Seth's mappings.  What I really want is play & pause buttons working for "LinuxMCE DVD" playback.

This morning more buttons appear to be working, so I wonder if the machines have downloaded additional software or something.

Yesterday, if everything was off and I pressed the large green media button to activate the system, nothing would happen. This morning I just tried it, and it worked.

What I meant by the left and right gyro buttons not working was...

While watching a video, the left and right gyro buttons don't bring up the menu options. I have to use the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to activate those, and from there, the 3 gyro buttons work as they should.

There are keys that don't work in various media, but I guess it's an improvement over the MCE Remote + Gyro Mouse. Hopefully just this larger remote will run the system on its own.

I guess I may need to sit down and go through the various media types and see what keys do and don't work at the moment, and perhaps we can all fiddle from there... unless, as TSChak has pointed out, there are apps we can't tap into through Xmodmap?

Travis

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 02:34:50 am »
Everyone seems to be able to use the mouse function no problem, and yet I got nothing. From the wiki: "When the device is plugged in, it is identified and configured as a GO Wireless USB device. The "gyration mouse" bit works immediately."

Listed under devices in my web admin page I can see the remote as GO Cordless GC1005M, and when I unplug or plug it in to my computer I get a pop up showing its been detected, but when I move the remote around the mouse does not move. I know the remote is communicating with its usb dongle because when I press "DVD Menu" a green light blinks on the dongle. I have unplugged the mouse and restarted the computer with just the gyro remote plugged in, but still nothing. The onscreen mouse does not move. ???

This is a brand new hybrid system and is also the first time I have used linuxmce. It was installed from the newest offered DVD.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 02:42:11 am »
*hmm* nobody reads...

the only gyration remotes that are supported 100% are the gyration mouse, and the Fiire Chief. There still needs to be HID support code written for the Gyration Go Remote.

-Thom

Travis

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 02:45:05 am »
I realized that, everywhere on the forums said some button functionality like "follow me" is missing. I am ok with that ;)
But I didnt, and cannot, find anywhere someone had a problem using the mouse functionality. Some ideas on how to maybe reset my remote would be appreciated.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 03:20:46 am »
This may be a stupid question but are you double tapping the middle button to enable the Gyro?

Travis

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 03:56:08 am »
I love you.

Never used a gyro remote before, didn't know about the mouse button  :)
Problem solved, and I feel like a fool

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 04:09:33 am »
lol - it happens. At least it is working now  :D

Don't forget to map some of the other keys as suggested with the Wiki link listed previously in this thread...

Cheers,
WR

aggiemarine07

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 05:21:23 am »
Is anyone willing to go buy one for me? The nearest Circuit City with this deal is over 150 miles away (on the East Side of houston, TX). I am willing to pay for the shipping. Thanks!

ladekribs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 03:34:27 pm »
How about a group buy they do not deliver abroad and I am in scandinavia

ftblstr2319

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 02:05:42 am »
Alas my stores around here are out also.  I live near Chicago.  Is there anyone out there that would be so kind as to pick one or two up for me?  Or if you have an extra one (preferably unopened) that you wont be using....

Thanks?

:'(

Monkgs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 03:33:56 am »
You can buy these directly from Gyration. http://www.gyration.com

My question is, has anyone tried using one of the Gyration remotes with a Fiire Chief dongle?

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 03:58:04 am »

My question is, has anyone tried using one of the Gyration remotes with a Fiire Chief dongle?

Why would you buy it from them?  It's $99 there and in the $30's at CC.  Doesn't seem right to me.

Monkgs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 04:24:43 am »

Why would you buy it from them?  It's $99 there and in the $30's at CC.  Doesn't seem right to me.

Well, obviously if you can get it at CC then go there. Lots of people posted saying they can't get it because their local stores are out of stock or do not carry them.

ladekribs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 08:54:26 am »
when I look at the webshop I understand they won´t ship to europe or is this wrong?