Author Topic: I Have A question for i need answers  (Read 3513 times)

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
I Have A question for i need answers
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:31:30 pm »
After  months of on going problems with linuxmce i finally got it stable and it turn out to be a hardware issue .Now my question is ,

1, I live in Ireland,Dublin and i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on were to buy the rite wireless lights sensors for my house .eg what will i need for all my rooms to be control be linuxmce ?

I know in the video that he says that you can get them as little as 3 s dollars but were ?

I have  Two thousand euro to spend on all my equipment and at the moment i'm buying three fiire thin clients for my televersions .i'm just stuck on were to get my wireless lights sensors?

some help would be great.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
Re: I Have A question for i need answers
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:45:50 pm »
Govo,

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST FIIRE Stations!!!
I own 2 of them, and I learned the hard way.
As for Lighting, it depends on your countries AC..

I'm assuming your 230 50Hz,  Zwave or PLCBUS would be my first choice.
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 03:16:11 pm »
thanks for the reply but you HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST FIIRE Stations!!!??? what other thin clients can i get for my tv?? and where can i  buy them???

your help is great.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
See also: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Where_to_Buy and by all means add your favorite addresses too, that is usually a bit more constructive then complaining there isn't enough listed for your area...

And just FYI lmce media directors are actually fat clients, not thin.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 02:32:03 am »
Govo,

Search for Fiire here in the forums, I'm sure you'll find what I'm talking about..
...for those who need to be spoon fed...

MythTV does NOT work on Fiire Stations.  It's a limitation of the ViaChrome Pro II Driver. (only available through fiire)
UI/2, while is DOES work, it doesn't have menu transparency like the NVidia drivers do.

I have both a 1" AND a 2.2" Fiire Stations, along with 2 Fiire Chiefs, Fiire Engine, etc, etc, etc,

Take my advice, do *NOT* get *ANYTHING* with VIA chipsets.  I have *also* tried running UI/1 with MythTV, and also, a NO GO.

Now, There is a nice MSI Medialive...  That's what I'd go with, armed with this very omited, but important information...

Oh, and just to let you know... I was the first person here to report on Fiire Products.  You'll find a comprehensive thread on the Fiire Station if you search for it.

HTH,

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

geoffrey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 08:46:48 am »
i just read through the post and maybe I am misunderstanding but the $3 sensors referred to in the video were simply motion detectors, they did nothing to control the lights.  for that you will need remote switches with X10, insteon and zwave the names that get tossed around here a lot.  unfortunately all are a lot more than three dollars per outlet/lightswitch. 

www.smarthome.com seems to have a big selection and can at least give you ballpark estimates of what things cost...
Asus M2NSLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2400 2.3GHz
Asus EN6200TC512 Graphic Card
WinTV PVR-150 MCE
(2) Samsung T166 SATA II 500GB
Corsair TwinX 2GB CL5 DDR2-800