Author Topic: Cover Art scan ignoring the Media Types setting and checkbox state  (Read 3686 times)

Randykc

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I have started experiencing a strange problem with the Cover Art scan from the admin.  When I open the page, I select DVD from the Media types pulldown.  When I do this, 4 movies appear that I do not have covers assigned to yet.  I uncheck all but 1 and hit Scan for cover arts.  I was expecting this to simply return the possible matches for the 1 movie that I had checked. Instead it is returning 38 pages of covers including all of the mp3 Audio files that I don't have tagged. Almost appears that it is ignoring any checkbox state and media type pulldown.  I know this used to work really well for me.  I've recently installed the release build just this past weekend. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Cover Art scan ignoring the Media Types setting and checkbox state
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:50:23 am »
Hey Randykc,

Speaking from a similar experience - I expect at some point the "Auto scan all media * - Start" button has been hit and you have not gone through the list of results it collected... So, when you scan for a new cover, it just adds it to the list of ones to be reviewed.

You may be able to clear the stored results without using the admin interface somehow, but I don't know how (maybe someone else can tell you).

If you want an immediate (but slightly annoying fix) click through all the 38 pages, leaving the "None of this" radio selected and click the Match Cover Art button at the bottom of each page - this will clear them all out. After you have done this once - all should be back to normal (assuming you don't hit the "Auto scan all media" button again)

Cheers,
WR.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:55:39 am by wombiroller »

Randykc

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 03:00:36 pm »
I don't believe that I ever selected that button before but I guess someone else in the family could have.  Now at least I know what it does :)

Thanks for the reply and I'll give it a shot.

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 04:14:21 pm »
Hi

Actually, if you use the search for path/filename fields, and just press enter, it will press the Start/stop button instead of searching.

If not a bug, it is at least not what you'd expect.

sambuca