Author Topic: Blackberry pearl.....  (Read 5236 times)

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Blackberry pearl.....
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:35 pm »
I haven't been able to find anything on this issue with the search function.  If there is please point me to it...if not...has anybody got LMCE to work on a pearl yet?? if so are there any instructions on how to do it?

Thanks in advanced.

BTW: i'm a linux noob so don't be too rough.

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Blackberry pearl.....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 01:50:05 am »
Bump?!!?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:41:04 pm »
I presume you actually mean getting the orbiter to work as a remote from your blackberry? If you have the latest firmware for your bb then it should work - however, getting the orbiter downloaded onto the phone can be difficult if it is in "enterprise mode" meaning it is a corporate bb connected to your corporate email system as this means your company can easily set security restrictions that will prevent you from installing the software. If it is just a "retail" bb then you should be able to install it using the instructions hari set.

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 11:42:50 pm »
I presume you actually mean getting the orbiter to work as a remote from your blackberry? If you have the latest firmware for your bb then it should work - however, getting the orbiter downloaded onto the phone can be difficult if it is in "enterprise mode" meaning it is a corporate bb connected to your corporate email system as this means your company can easily set security restrictions that will prevent you from installing the software. If it is just a "retail" bb then you should be able to install it using the instructions hari set.

Sounds good.  Can you point me to the instructions?  Thanks a mil.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 11:45:12 pm »
do a search for the javamo (java mobile orbiter) thread. It is very long and will give you all the info and assistance you need.

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:09:16 am »
Can anybody confirm that they have gotten the Blackberry pearl (8100) to work as a Mobile orbiter?

Crash

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:23:48 pm »
I can't confirm a pearl, but I have my 8830 working right now and they are built on nearly the same software.

fignuts

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 02:15:11 am »
my parts for my lmce machine should be arriving this weekend.  once i get that going i'll be sure to try out my pearl (8130) as an orbiter and report back with my results.

JimmyGosling

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 09:23:52 pm »
Please also include the service provider for your phone.  Certain companies like ATT are locking out phone features that may limit its ability to operate as an orbiter.

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 03:40:31 pm »
Looking to upgrade my phone to the Blackberry 8830. Anyone know if there are any limitations from Verizon that may not allow this phone to work for me?
Core: Broken :(