Author Topic: Conexant bt878 and Pluto Media Director  (Read 4441 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Conexant bt878 and Pluto Media Director
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:35:08 pm »
Trying setup MythTV without luck. First I tried to set up the Media Director as follows. Pluto login> Wizard >Devices >Media Directors>

The "PVR Capture Card" drop-down list offered the following options: "none, Generic Blackbird Card, IVTV Capture Card, or TechnoTrend."

How do I configure the Media Director to work with a common Conextant/Brooktree 878 base card? This particular card (TV Wonder VE) worked in my Debian Distribution -- prior to intallation into a newly built Pluto box.

I selected the Blackbird Card because that was the closest to my needs but no go.

Thanks all!

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 08:50:42 am »
try to use IVTV drivers not blackbird. blackbird drivers are for cx88 chipsets.
try to update the card and install the firmware for it.
i think we spoke yesterday on live support.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Conexant bt878 and Pluto Media Director
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 08:51:45 am »
Quote from: "hpladds"
Trying setup MythTV without luck. First I tried to set up the Media Director as follows. Pluto login> Wizard >Devices >Media Directors>

The "PVR Capture Card" drop-down list offered the following options: "none, Generic Blackbird Card, IVTV Capture Card, or TechnoTrend."

How do I configure the Media Director to work with a common Conextant/Brooktree 878 base card? This particular card (TV Wonder VE) worked in my Debian Distribution -- prior to intallation into a newly built Pluto box.

I selected the Blackbird Card because that was the closest to my needs but no go.

Thanks all!

I think that mythtv still has to be setup by hand.... Setup on web page you talk about is I guess more about adding ivtv or other drivers to the MD. And I think you don't need any of that for bttv card. You just set it up in mythsetup as you used to do in mythtv...

I'm not 100% on this (I own pvr350 card)...

HTH,

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 12:27:36 am »
Rob Wrote:

I think that mythtv still has to be setup by hand.... Setup on web page you talk about is I guess more about adding ivtv or other drivers to the MD. And I think you don't need any of that for bttv card. You just set it up in mythsetup as you used to do in mythtv...

I'm not 100% on this (I own pvr350 card)...

HTH,

Regards,

Rob.

Thanks Rob,

That's just the approach to take.  Now I'll install Mythtv on a separate machine with a bttv card, learn how Myth works, then set it up in Pluto.

What's HTH ?

Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 11:28:28 pm »
Hope This Helps....

Regards,

Rob.