Author Topic: How to configure a Winfast Infrared Remote?  (Read 2198 times)

Boz

• View Profile
How to configure a Winfast Infrared Remote?
« on: May 12, 2008, 09:00:45 am »
Hello,

Apologies for the basic question - I've been trying to configure my new core/hybrid to work with the remote which came bundled with my TV tuner card (Leadtek Winfast DTV2000H).  I have the remote working fine with a basic MythTV install - but for LinuxMCE I'm completely stumped.  The user guide talks about selecting the device template from the Devices -> Media Director view on the web admin.  However, when I do this the remote still does not work.  Further, when I try to configure my own device using the configuration file I used in my Myth install it still does not work.

Can someone please post some clear step-by-step instructions on how to configure an infrared remote?  I've seen quite a few questions of this type in the forums so perhaps this would be of interest to a number of people.

Thank-you very much for your help!

Boz. :D

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: How to configure a Winfast Infrared Remote?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:14:30 am »
If you can get it working with a basic MythTV then you should be able to get it working with linuxMCE...

Make sure you are selecting the correct driver. I think that it will be "dev/input" for these.

If you check the log for LIRC_DCE device (in /var/log/pluto) then you should see an entry for each key press. If this is working but it is not doing something in linuxMCE then it may be a mapping issue for that device template. The mapping can be changed but I find it easier to just change the configuration for the remote so that it sends already mapped events. I think there is a wiki page with the know events on it (from memory).

Hope that helps a bit

Darren