Author Topic: help please how do i add cover art to a avi  (Read 5584 times)

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
help please how do i add cover art to a avi
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:49:05 am »
i have copied an avi file over to my linuxmce ,it plays just fine but there is no cover art. i and was wondering if i download a cover how do i get linuxmce to pick it up?

some help would be great

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: help please how do i add cover art to a avi
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 09:36:47 pm »
Use the web admin to do this.

if you have, cover art...use the Media > Media Files Sync, screen to attach it to the selected file.

If you don't.. use the Media > Cover Art screen to do it. Much easier, it grabs the cover art from amazon + metadata. and you really want the metadata.

-Thom

jmcrtp

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:24:56 am »
Is there anything special about the type of the pic other than making it a jpg?  I added a pic for a DVD that couldn't find the right one on amazon.com (Dukes of Hazzard) and it does not show up in the media, just the text title.  I did resync and restart the router before checking, and regenerated the orbiter. 

OldBob

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:22:49 pm »
I might have missed your point, but in the hope that this might help, please ignore if I am stating what you already know.   If you want to get cover art from the web go to Admin/Files&Media/Media Files Sync.   On the LHS in the directory structure navigate to the location of your file.   Click on the location and your file should appear on the RHS under "Files on disk".   Click the name of the file.   Click the "Check Amazon" button.   Click "Please select" and choose "Title" from the drop down box.   Click "Get Amazon Attributes & Cover Art" watch in the lower status bar for "Waiting for dcerouter" to finish .   The RHS should now be populated with metadata and cover art of items matching your search criteria.   If you find something suitable click its radio button and scroll down to the bottom of the page where the "Save" button can be selected.   If nothing suitable has been found use the "Back to file" button and try another keyword search.

If you want to add you own cover art from a photo or scanned item the jpg image may have to be small.   Mine are generally less than 350x500pxls.   Use Linux command lines to place the picture into a directory then navigate back to your avi file as described earlier but instead of using the Amazon buttons scroll down the page to the Add Picture area and use the browse button to locate where you have placed your picture.   Click the "Add Picture" button.   Save, resynchronise, quick reload router and you should see your cover art.   I have had to power down and restart on occasions to see the newly added cover art.