Author Topic: Nvidia 6200 TC Tearing  (Read 7797 times)

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Nvidia 6200 TC Tearing
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 02:53:17 pm »
Hi,

Have you tried increasing the amount of memory allocated to your video card via the BIOS?

There might be a setup under advanced setup or advanced chipsets - whatever, called anything from graphic Win size, video memory allocation, frame buffer size, etc.

A lot of time this is set to 64.  Try changing it to 128 (on a 256 card) maybe even higher on a 512.

Just a thought.

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 08:00:44 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts on this - my media centre has 2 GB RAM, 512 GB of which is dedicated to the graphics card; I have done this through BIOS, as per your suggestion. Whether this value is referring to the onboard graphics (which I'm not using), or my graphics card, I don't know.

However, you've spoken of a setup under advanced setup or advanced chipsets - could you elaborate on this please? Would I access this through the KDE desktop?

Cheers,
MM.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »
I don't think you'll get rid of tearing completely at this time. From what I have heard from others this is a side effect of UI2+Alpha on Nvidia drivers. I'm sure there are steps you can take to reduce the effect though(tearing on my machine is only during fast scenes, and even then is fairly hard to notice)

pigdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 11:59:31 pm »
Hi,

The advanced setup or advanced chipsets or whatever are in the BIOS settings.

Depends on whose system your running, what they call it and where it may be placed.

You said you've already set your BIOS up to use something larger than 64Meg so I guess you've covered that.