Author Topic: No sound driver  (Read 2158 times)

billlava

• View Profile
No sound driver
« on: July 17, 2008, 08:33:32 am »
Hi,

I just installed LinuxMCE 0710rc2 over a previous installation of Kubuntu 7.1 The first time that I rebooted and went to the setup wizard I heard the sound at the volume adjustment part, but later decided to reboot to that menu again to adjust the resolution.  Now I am getting no sound (neither from the boot setup wizard, or even just in regular KDE) and When I launch the orbiter I can see the woman talking but there is no sound.  When I try and check to see which audio driver Linux MCE is using, there is just an empty grey box that I can't put anything in.  How can I get xine working again?  What went wrong after the first attempt?

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: No sound driver
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:20 pm »
Hi,

What sound card are you using?

Are you familiar with alsamixer? 

Run that from a console to see what your settings are.  Maybe something got muted.

You can also check this link out: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:16:26 pm by pigdog »

billlava

• View Profile
Re: No sound driver
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:44:18 am »
Wow, that was incredibly easy...  I had checked there, but I just looked at the bars above each channel and didn't realize that the channel was muted and I needed to press 'm' to unmute it.  Thanks for the nod in the right direction!