Author Topic: Is Pluto for real or a scam?  (Read 3157 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Is Pluto for real or a scam?
« on: December 10, 2005, 08:50:46 am »
I can not find a Pluto Pro Dealer locator on the Pluto website. The PlutoVIP.com page is not available, The Plutohome.org site is not available. I have treid e-mailing and leaving voicemails for Pluto and have had no response.

Is this a scam? I REALLY REALLY like this product and want to contribure to the project. I really want to set this up in my home and learn how to use it. And I really want to go door to door and sell this along with a service contact and installation.

I need info. Please someone tell me this is legit and where to get started.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Is Pluto for real or a scam?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 07:50:31 pm »
Quote from: "daddy"
I can not find a Pluto Pro Dealer locator on the Pluto website. The PlutoVIP.com page is not available, The Plutohome.org site is not available. I have treid e-mailing and leaving voicemails for Pluto and have had no response.

Is this a scam? I REALLY REALLY like this product and want to contribure to the project. I really want to set this up in my home and learn how to use it. And I really want to go door to door and sell this along with a service contact and installation.

I need info. Please someone tell me this is legit and where to get started.

HI,

well project is in heavy development  and majority of professional development team is really busy right now (AFAIK they are working on trade show presentation in January). Currently there is not so much documentation about internals, so majority of forums entries can be only answered by Pluto staff, but they are busy at the moment... Sometimes some problems arises with web site, but I'm certainly not regreting using Pluto.... I just wish it will stay accessible to user as it is now..

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Is Pluto for real or a scam?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:42:29 am »
hi,

plutovip.com seems to be offline now, i don't know the exat reason but i assigned this task for someone.
plutohome.org is for open source info and it has to be online all the time, like plutohome.com. right now it is online, and we didn't do anything.
You can use online support to contact someone when you have problems (i'm online on live support).

Indeed we are very, very, very busy, all the programmers have very tight dead lines, and i'm the only one who might get some answers on forums and online support. We have a show in January which is very important for us.

Regarding dealer locator, keep in mind that we didn't release any list with dealers because we didn't make pluto V.2 public, so we don't selll pluto right now. we're still developing features, pluto is stable, but it's not final yet.
pluto is free to use for anyone, anyone who has time and knowledge about home automation, but we have agreements with dealers who will sell pluto as a turn-key solution. but again, we didn't get to that.

Regards,
Dan