Author Topic: MD does not boot from Pluto CORE  (Read 3714 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
MD does not boot from Pluto CORE
« on: December 10, 2005, 02:39:48 am »
Hi All.
I have installed and running CORE and now I am trying to setup MD. It will be old Laptop with network and small local HD.
I added MD trough Admin web page and set up MD with MAC and IP adresses. All, seems to be correct, but laptop does not boot from network. What should I check (logs, something else)  to understand what might be my problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: MD does not boot from Pluto CORE
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 12:39:19 pm »
Quote from: "geshka"
Hi All.
I have installed and running CORE and now I am trying to setup MD. It will be old Laptop with network and small local HD.
I added MD trough Admin web page and set up MD with MAC and IP adresses. All, seems to be correct, but laptop does not boot from network. What should I check (logs, something else)  to understand what might be my problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Look in the BIOS setup screen of your laptop for an option to 'Network Boot' or 'PXE Boot' and set that for the 1st boot device. Also make sure you have clicked on Wizard-Devices-Media Directors 'Update' button after adding the Mac Address and then make sure you click on 'Setup Diskless Media Directors' button at the very bottom of the list of Media Directors. Allow this process to finish before continuing! Now reload the DCERouter before trying to boot your laptop as an MD. Then you should find that if you have added the correct Mac address (!!) to the Media Director using the Wizard your Laptop will PXE boot.

Good luck.

Andrew