Author Topic: UpdateMedia attributes id3 tags and imdb data  (Read 3198 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
UpdateMedia attributes id3 tags and imdb data
« on: October 24, 2005, 03:17:19 am »
Okay, I have a rather large collection a media files that I am trying to integrate into Pluto.
80GB of mp3s
200GB of Movies
150 GB of Videos (Television Episodes, Music Videos, Etc)

Currently, I am able to access my media through the orbiter but only by traversing the standard directory heirarchy that I have created.

All of my mp3s have id3 information (complete with album artwork) and I would love to be able to extract that info into the pluto database, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I also have a full-blown mythTV box in the house where I use its Video manager to pull down imdb information for each Movie. This works out very well as it pulls down a plot, rating, duration, director, and a movie poster for each movie from the international movie database.

I have executed UpdateMedia but none of the id3 information seems to be extracting properly. I also haven't found anything equilvalent to mythtv's handling of movies.

Any ideas?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:35:39 am »
We updated the kernel to 2.6.13 mainly so we could get inotify, which will allow us to auto-detect when new files are added and automatically add them to the media database.  However, UpdateMedia hasn't yet been updated to use inotify and scan id3 tags.  It should be included in the .32 release.

As far as movies, there's a package 'id-my-disc' which retrieves all that information for physical dvd's you insert/rip.  Then under movies touch 'search' and type in an actor, genre, etc. and it shows all matching movies with cover art.

We don't have a module to retrieve this information after-the-fact.  However it would be easy to do.  Everything is database driven--it's just a matter of adding the rows to the pluto_media database.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 12:19:28 pm »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
We updated the kernel to 2.6.13 mainly so we could get inotify, which will allow us to auto-detect when new files are added and automatically add them to the media database.  However, UpdateMedia hasn't yet been updated to use inotify and scan id3 tags.  It should be included in the .32 release.

As far as movies, there's a package 'id-my-disc' which retrieves all that information for physical dvd's you insert/rip.  Then under movies touch 'search' and type in an actor, genre, etc. and it shows all matching movies with cover art.

We don't have a module to retrieve this information after-the-fact.  However it would be easy to do.  Everything is database driven--it's just a matter of adding the rows to the pluto_media database.

Aaron,

id-my-disc does not seem to work for DVD discs at all currently. It does identify CD's however. DVD's though do not get indentified at all? Presumably this may be a bug in plutu-updatemedia?

Is there a fix/work around for this... as apart from this being an expected feature (in end user terms) it leaves a big hole in our demo's at present.

Rgds

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 12:23:51 pm »
Quote from: "totallymaxed"
Quote from: "aaron.b"

Aaron,

id-my-disc does not seem to work for DVD discs at all currently. It does identify CD's however. DVD's though do not get indentified at all? Presumably this may be a bug in plutu-updatemedia?

Is there a fix/work around for this... as apart from this being an expected feature (in end user terms) it leaves a big hole in our demo's at present.

Rgds

Andrew

Just a quick follow on...

If we manually add some movie specific data to the DB via the Admin site then 'Search' under Movies works. The font size & screen layout need some tidying up but the seach does work. So the issue is clearly to do with getting data into the DB when a DVD is inserted.

Regards

Andrew