Author Topic: Installing with apt-get  (Read 4253 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Installing with apt-get
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:28:37 am »
I have been unable to get Pluto to install due to ethernet modules.  I have tried several scenarios and posted my issues but was unsuccessful.  Sarge wouldn't work either but I was able to get a successful install with Knoppmyth.  Now I'm thinging of installing the Pluto packages.  A few weeks ago while searching I found a message on installing Pluto using apt-get and I think it took only a command like "apt-get install pluto".  I can't find that now, I need the repositories too.  The only message that I can find now is in the forum from September and looks much more complicated than the one I am looking for.
Could anyone point me to this apt-get install?

Thanks,

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Installing with apt-get
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 04:03:05 pm »
You can try this:

Write in /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://deb.plutohome.com/debian/ 20dev main

Run:
aptitude update
aptitude install pluto-install-scripts
/usr/pluto/install/Initial_Config.sh

Answer the questions and wait. Let me know if it works ok, as I think you'll need some extra manual tweaking because of installing on top of knoppmyth.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Installing with apt-get
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 03:37:49 am »
I started thinking about this after I sent the message, that I already have Myth installed, I guess that's why they call it KnoppMyth  :roll:  And then I thought if Pluto installs without allowing me to pick what is installed (maybe it would allow me the option to accept or decline MythTV) and I get MythTV again... hmm, that could be trouble.  I better take a long nap on this one as I haven't had this setup running all that long, currently running KnoppMyth server with 2x MediaMVPs, better get a chance to enjoy it before blowing it apart.  Maybe I'll let someone else try it first!

Thanks for the reply,