Author Topic: No subtitles on 710 RC1  (Read 3117 times)

GasVe

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
No subtitles on 710 RC1
« on: April 27, 2008, 05:31:14 pm »
Hi:
     I have made a fresh install of 710 RC1, before I made a full backup of my video files including subtitles, but when I try to play them in my new installation, it gives me the message File not found, but the file is there, so I need to rename the subtitle or delete it and I can play the file. This feature worked great under 710 Beta 4, so any tips some config file messed.

Cheers

GasVe

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: No subtitles on 710 RC1
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:39:59 pm »
Yep.

Same thing here.
I tried renaming them to the way it works in windows (filename.avi --> filename.srt) and the videos play just fine but no subtitles.
Trying to play the the way it worked in B4 (filename.avi --> filename.avi.srt) puts out a massege "file not found ..."

Can any body figure out what has gone wrong ?

thnx
Itsik

GasVe

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:17:06 pm »
Same to me, in the way mentioned by Itsik works for VLC under MAC too. So again any tip to fix it

Tks a lot

GasVe

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 06:53:47 am »
Anyone ???

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 12:44:21 am »
Did anyone figure this one out already? Today I just upped my install from beta4 to rc2. Everything works like a charm, except for this minor detail (a mayor show stopper for the wife and kids here!).

So in beta4 subtitles work as described by this wiki entry:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Subtitles_Support

However 0710RC1 and RC2 this function has stopped functioning... Any ideas? Any devs know what changed in the xine_wrapper between these versions what makes subtitles fail? Or is the answer somewhere to find in /etc/pluto/xine.conf ???

I'll keep messing around myself as well, and keep u posted if I find something,

Cheers,
Reint.

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:27:19 pm »
Hi,

Just a little update...messed around a bit, but still no luck... I tried copying over the /usr/pluto/bin/Xine_Player and Xine_Plugin.so from my beta4 install to my RC2 setup. The files definitely changed between versions (dates and sizes differ). This trick did not work.

With the beta4 version of Xine_Plugin.so installed on my RC2 system, my orbiter crashes and bails out no matter what. It must be in this file where support for subtitles is enabled or disabled? Is this correct?

Which version of Xine_Player I use doesn't matter. When a subtitle is available in the directory I get the "file not found" message. When I remove the subtitle file the movie plays like normal...

So back to the beginning again :(

Any ideas? Is there someone with a RC1 or RC2 install that can use srt-files? Does a CD or DVD install make a difference (I used the dvd)?

Thanx,
Reint