I'm not shure wether there exists different versions og 150MCE, but the link you refere to does definetly not work for mine. Mine card seemes to be equipped with a i2c based receiver. This means that you should use the lirc_i2c module, not the lirc_mceusb2 module. I used the installed lirc version, and was able to get a response by removing the lirc_mceusb2 module and adding the lirc_i2c module. Then suddenly nothing worked, and I gave up and bought a windows mce remote instead,...
So my suggestion would be to try the lirc_i2c module
You should se something when you "cat /dev/lirc0", but you would need to stop lircd first
Use irw to verify decoding of your remote.