Author Topic: Recent DVD Install on clean Machine. Having problems with configuration.  (Read 2212 times)

datahead

• View Profile
Hello Everyone:
Recently I installed the Linuxes_0704_Quick_Install_DVD.iso (After burning of course) on a clean dual Xeon PC-DL Mother board with a Win-TV-150, 2 gig ram, 200 Gig HD, and a Nvidia 6400 GC with component out to a 42" plasma. I want my TV source to be a Std. Satellite Receiver. After installing the MCE comes up no problem. Running the Wizard, none of the devices came up. Now, that being said, I'd like to say I am about as green to Linux as they come. Through trial and error I managed to get the PVR-150 to come up in the wizard. (Port / PVR-150 / Core) after installing in the MCE Admin site. Got the DVD working after installing the DVD CSS. So the only issues I have left is getting MythTV to use the PVR-150, and install the Satellite box, and get it to work on Myth TV. Oh yeah, having problems with getting the guide to download also.

Anyway, is there a file, or "How to" on installing devices and getting them to work? Or if any of you can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:02:04 am by datahead »