Author Topic: Issues with 0710 RC  (Read 69346 times)

geoffrey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with 0710 RC
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 01:24:08 pm »
domodude,
I had posted about that a while ago, when I first install b3.  I never got an answer (and have never gotten the voip working) but now I am glad to see that I am not the only one! 

One small thing that I have noticed is that when manually inserting coverart using the 'apply to all files in this directory' feature, I am able to upload it from a file but not using the URL, in other words it does not download the jpg from the web address.   If I download the coverart to my desktop first and then use 'choose file' it works just fine.
Asus M2NSLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2400 2.3GHz
Asus EN6200TC512 Graphic Card
WinTV PVR-150 MCE
(2) Samsung T166 SATA II 500GB
Corsair TwinX 2GB CL5 DDR2-800

struggler

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 12:51:27 am »
Hello,
I'm a linuxmce user since version 0704 and now I've installed the 0710RC1 on a staging server and I'm having the following situation:
I've setup everything and when I was starting to think "boy, this is a good release" I found that whenever I playback my movies I can't ear the sound tracks, instead I get a weird sound like static, or imagine you are listening a sound reproduction with 1000% distortion, I'm afraid I can't explain better than this.

During video & audio setup all sound tests run ok, music and mythtv also perfect, is really just my movies :(

Don't know what to do. My sound card is a ADI AD1988B 8-Channel(S/PDIF) and is onboard on a ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe.

Thank's
JD

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 03:01:06 am »
Howdy,

I had a really weird problem yesterday.  Basically RC1 just locked up.  Screensaver froze.  Could not switch to another screen.  Could not ssh to the box.  Box was not routing.  So bit the bullet and reset power.  After the Kubuntu progress bar nothing on the display, the TV reported no signal.  Turned on the monitor on the other video port, nothing.  Could not ssh into the box.  OK, power cycle again this time with second monitor on.  When it gets to the point where X should be starting the secondary monitor goes to text mode garbage and nothing appears on the TV.  Still can't ssh into the box.  Other systems can't get a dynamic IP.  The core/hybrid is not routing.  So bit the bullet again and did a re-install of RC1.  Choose to keep system settings.  System came up eventually.  Everything except installed software (decss & w32codec) was restored (that's pretty cool - thanks guys!).

If this happens again, any suggestions on how to postmortem debug?

The only thing I did different between RC1 and the betas is I installed on a smaller hard drive (36GB raptor instead of 500GB).

TIA,
Roy

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 06:07:49 am »
Roy,

Did you completely fill up your filesystem perhaps? A completely full filesystem could give the symptoms that you had. I get orbiter warnings when my disk space is low, so I would have assumed that you would have got these, did you?
If that was the problem then the next thing is working out why, the usual culprits are runaway log files. The two times I have had a filesystem fill up unexpectingly were both caused by MythTV. One was logging the other was a zombie mythtvfrontend process that was recording continually.

HTH
Darren

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 06:54:38 am »
A little more detail.

I had been ripping dvds for several days (~ 10/day) and watching one an evening.  I had started a rip a few minutes before I noticed the lockup.  I was using my nokia n800 as the orbiter with the TV off.  I did not see any low disk warnings.  My usual procedure is to start a rip, then monitor the progress screen.  The nokia's screen blanks, then when I notice the dvd is not making any sounds, I tap the nokia to see the rip complete or failed status.  This time the orbiter disconnected and I couldn't get it to reconnect.  Then I noticed the nokia wasn't connected to the network, then when I tried to tell it to connect, it couldn't get an IP address, so I then turned on the TV and saw the core/hybrid flickr screensaver was locked.  There was not a low disk message on the TV.

So it is possible that I missed one of the upper left corner pop ups.  It's also possible I missed a full screen pop up if it had a limited display time.

I haven't got mythtv working with hdhomerun on RC1 yet.  It did not work out of the box and is very low priority for me to investigate.

BTW, I was not storing any media on the 36GB drive (media is stored onto a 1TB drive in the core and on two NFS shares (3 TB and 2TB).

I think I'll add a remote monitor/logger so I can keep an eye on the core/hybrid's disk usage from my workstation.

Thank you,
Roy

GasVe

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 04:06:35 pm »
Hi:
     After I have made a fresh installation of 710 RC1 and recovered my dvix files including their subtitles, they don't work anymore  :( , as expected, when I try to play a file dvix file I got the message "File Not Found" but the file is there, the only workaround that I found is to rename or delete the subtitle file and after this I am able to play the dvix file, but with not subtitles.
     Any clues where I can look to check it and better to fix it.

Cheers

GasVe

cybernard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2008, 02:02:52 am »
mythtv verison is way to old
my backend speaks version 40 and your systems speaks protocol version 31.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2008, 02:13:14 am »
And that has relevance, why?

Please keep in mind that our development team leader is one of the core MythTV developers...

-Thom

cybernard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2008, 02:26:04 am »
----Quote------------
And that has relevance, why?
--End Quote--------

Mythbackend on another computer(using protocol version 40)  has 1100GB (not MB) of media files that I would like view, but the mythtv frontend in LinuxMCE can only speak version 31.

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2008, 06:58:26 am »
I'm sure it's too late now as I see the final has been released...

It appears the AMD64 version has issues playing H.264 videos.  An informal thread in the users forum asking about who does and who does not have issues seems to show a pattern.  The green blocks growing from the left side of the screen went away somewhere around 710b3 for i386 users, matching the change log notice of upgrading lmce to the latest version of xine.  However, up through R1, the AMD64 version still has the green blocks making H.264 videos pretty much useless. 

Another annoyance..  I upgraded from B3 to R1 (AMD64), and while the install found my previous install and I selected the option to keep /home and the settings, it wiped everything out.  Video settings, TV settings, Myth, static IP settings (which I had to manually fix before any of my computers could get back on the internet), resolv.conf, my non-lmce server apps such as postfix and dns..  All gone.  Some of this may be related to the fact that the first attempt at installation hung at "update-initramfs: ...." and I had to reboot and start again.  After unplugging my external USB drive the second install went fine (other than wiping everything out).  I was careful and selected the keep settings and /home option both times.  I'm not sure if having the USB drive connected is what caused the install to hang, but on the second attempt without the drive the install went through nice and quick.

struggler

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 08:07:44 pm »
Hello,
I'm a linuxmce user since version 0704 and now I've installed the 0710RC1 on a staging server and I'm having the following situation:
I've setup everything and when I was starting to think "boy, this is a good release" I found that whenever I playback my movies I can't ear the sound tracks, instead I get a weird sound like static, or imagine you are listening a sound reproduction with 1000% distortion, I'm afraid I can't explain better than this.

During video & audio setup all sound tests run ok, music and mythtv also perfect, is really just my movies :(

Don't know what to do. My sound card is a ADI AD1988B 8-Channel(S/PDIF) and is onboard on a ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe.

Thank's
JD

I found the solution for the above issue.
If you similar problem go to the pluto-admin website under "Wizard:Devices:Media Directors" set the audio to "Manual settings" with "AC3 pass-through" checked for the desired Media Director.

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2008, 04:28:45 am »
Hi

I have a Asus M2N-MX-SE motherboard that linuxmce 0704 detected the soundcard for only in stereo mode it never detected in digital, this Linux 0710 RC does not detect my soundcard at all.

Other than that everything seems to work fine.

A Standard definition wide screen setting would be nice.

Keep up the good work

Jamie.

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 05:59:13 pm »
I'm sure it's too late now as I see the final has been released...

It appears the AMD64 version has issues playing H.264 videos.  An informal thread in the users forum asking about who does and who does not have issues seems to show a pattern.  The green blocks growing from the left side of the screen went away somewhere around 710b3 for i386 users, matching the change log notice of upgrading lmce to the latest version of xine.  However, up through R1, the AMD64 version still has the green blocks making H.264 videos pretty much useless. 

I reinstalled with the final i386 version.  The green blocks are still there with H.264 videos.

With the install of i386 my USBUIRT does not transmit (or not correctly).  It lights up as if it does, but a different IR receiver does not pick up any signal, and it is not controlling the devices it was under AMD64.

skerit

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »
Did anything change between the RC1 and the final release? Because I never upgraded my core, and when I try to do it now it says nothing needs updating ...

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2008, 12:44:32 am »
Did anything change between the RC1 and the final release? Because I never upgraded my core, and when I try to do it now it says nothing needs updating ...

You might try this page for info ;-)

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Version_0710

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk