And that has relevance, why?
Mythbackend on another computer(using protocol version 40) has 1100GB (not MB) of media files that I would like view, but the mythtv frontend in LinuxMCE can only speak version 31.
What version of Mythtv is LinuxMCE 0710RC2 using?
All I can find in the release notes, is:
"Latest mythtv packages and fixes for lmce mythtv stuff"
I tried Mythbuntu 8.04 just for fun, and found a few things that made Mythtv a whole lot better for my use...More specifically multi channels from single DVB card and Channel logo scanner. After finding those options I reinstalled my LinuxMCE server to have a fresh setup for installing the Mythtv route instead of VDR, only to find that those options are not there...
I then tried to find out if those options where spesific addons for Mythbuntu or a beta release of Mythtv and found that these options are from the latest stable release of Mythtv v0.21. This was released March 8. 2008.
This is from the 0.21 changelog:
Released 8th March 2008
These are the changes in the 0.21 release of MythTV. Some of these changes, most notably the fixes, have been backported to the 0.20.2 release.
Release notes updated through revision 
* Added Storage Groups. This allows multiple recording directories, where each storage group is a list of directories.
* Added Watch List feature to Watch Recordings listing programs most useful to watch in order to catch up on series and shows you have fallen behind in watching.
* Added support for QAM recording using HDHomeRun device. Requires firmware 21-09-2006 or newer (Note this was also back ported to 0.20.2).
* New official plugins:
o MythMovies: provides show times and cinema listings based on Zip/Post code and a given radius.
o MythZoneMinder: ZoneMinder is a system for monitoring CCTV cameras. It uses a web interface which doesn't work very well on a MythTV only system so the plugin provides a remote friendly interface to some of the functions provided by ZM.
* Added auto discovery of MythTV servers/frontends
* Reduced mythfrontend memory consumption by upto 75% depending on theme and resolution.
* requires MySQL 5.0
* Allows multiple recordings with one DVB/ATSC card if the channels are in the same multiplex (Multirec)
* Enhancements for multi channel audio (up-converting stereo, re-encoding to AC3 in time stretch mode)
* Added the ability to continue playing music in the background.
* Added a channel icon download facility to mythtv-setup.