Author Topic: Trying to use same ip for Orbiter connection outside and inside LAN  (Read 2255 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'd like to use external ip also from local LAN (so I don't have to keep more profiles for Orbiter, or sip softphons ,etc..)... But it seems that if I use external IP from LAN, ORbiter and sip softphone cannot register.... I remember that this was working under Pluto... But I have also slightly changed my network setup (before it was just ADSL modem redirecting everything to my core, now I have Sagem Gateway, but I have set it up to forward port 3450 to external card on Core)....

Anyone with more insight ? How do you cope with this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

schaferj

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to use same ip for Orbiter connection outside and inside LAN
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:45:41 pm »
Bulek,

Do you mean that you plan to move an orbiter from the LAN side to the external WAN side and keep the same IP?

OR

Do you mean that you want your orbiter to have a WAN IP even though its on the LAN side?

OR something else?  And how was it working in Pluto?

Sorry, I'm not sure what your question is. 

joseph

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to use same ip for Orbiter connection outside and inside LAN
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:44:27 am »
Bulek,

Do you mean that you plan to move an orbiter from the LAN side to the external WAN side and keep the same IP?

OR

Do you mean that you want your orbiter to have a WAN IP even though its on the LAN side?

OR something else?  And how was it working in Pluto?

Sorry, I'm not sure what your question is. 

joseph
Actually both...

Currently I have two Winxp Orbiters, with same ID. One has my external ip of core and another one local one. When I'm outside I run first, when I'm home I run latter... I pretty much thing I have right setup, cause I can enter from distant location on my external ip. But I can't use same Orbiter in both cases - if I use external ip of the core, it doesn't work when I'm home....

I'd just like to have one winxp Orbiter, with single ID and one IP that would work in both cases (it did work under Pluto)...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.