Author Topic: USB-UIRT XBOX360 multiple actions with a single (Fiire Chief) key press  (Read 3483 times)

controllore

• View Profile
Hello,
Just toying around some more with LMCE and decided to control my XBOX 360 (that I use for HD-DVD playing reasons) as well.
So I bought an USB-UIRT and after some struggling with it simply ignoring the ir codes I threw at it, finally I have "mapped" the HD-DVD remote to a brand new device in LMCE.
Everything's fine, 'till I use the XBOX 360. Every Fiire chief keypress is simply transmitted twice or thrice (or at least this is the result I obtain).
I tried to reprogram a couple of times all the keys on the remote but with the same results.
Anyone else got this behaviour? And maybe solved it?

Thanks
Abit AN-M2HD
AMD BE2400
2Gb 800Mhz ddr2 dc RAM
80 Gb 5500 rpm 2.5" HDD
Silverstone LC19 (120w PSU)

gazlang

• Guru
    • View Profile
I have this problem with changing channels on my sky digibox. The UIRT sends multiple key presses and so never goes to the right channel.

I don't know how to fix this - I did post the problem but no resolving replies!
AMD Athlon 5800+ X2
Asus M2N-SLI-Deluxe
2x Corsair XMS6400 DDR2 512mb
Samsung 400GB SATA + 500GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300GT
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Hauppauge PVR-500
Thermaltake low-noise 450w PSU
Thermaltake Bach Case w/ imon vfd
Fiire Remote
UIRT

controllore

• View Profile
Hmm, bad news then...
I tried too many times to reproggram it to still consider it a software problem, though.
I begin to believe it could be the placement of the blaster and/or the various nearby surfaces. Some of them could somehow reflect the signal?
In my configuration I have the blaster really near the XBOX, at about 40cm.
Do you have a similar setup? I'll try to move around the dongle/XBOX to see whether it changes something.
Abit AN-M2HD
AMD BE2400
2Gb 800Mhz ddr2 dc RAM
80 Gb 5500 rpm 2.5" HDD

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
are any of you guys doing what i have told repeatedly, and using a Xantech 286 double emitter?

(no, of course not, we didn't think we needed those!)

-Thom

controllore

• View Profile
Well, actually no...
So you think it is a problem of uirt reliability?
Sticking a blaster to the ir window of the device I want to control will definitely cut out any possible interference and/or reflection. But I was hoping to get the same result through some trial and error with the usb-uirt placement.

hmm! For a moment I tought I was over with the hardware purchasing...

Abit AN-M2HD
AMD BE2400
2Gb 800Mhz ddr2 dc RAM
80 Gb 5500 rpm 2.5" HDD

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
the emitter itself is... $14 .... not a big dent on the hardware budget.

-Thom

controllore

• View Profile
Yep, not after hundreds of euros for the whole system.
Anyway the part that bothers me is the shipping time more than the money. Usually I can find these devices only on some internet shop that if I'm lucky is in Europe. In this case, I have to wait from 1 to 2 weeks before getting the package.
If the place they send the item from is USA then... eheh, maybe I could get a solder and some instructions and try to make my own device before the package gets to my door.
Anyway thanks for the info, I'll definitely look in that direction.

Fabio
Abit AN-M2HD
AMD BE2400
2Gb 800Mhz ddr2 dc RAM
80 Gb 5500 rpm 2.5" HDD