Author Topic: What mobile phones are compatible with Orbiter Symbian  (Read 52365 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
What mobile phones are compatible with Orbiter Symbian
« on: December 01, 2004, 06:33:05 am »
Hi,

I wonder what mobile phones can work with Plutohome.

Regards,

Robert.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 07:42:20 am »
We are using the Nokia 3650 and 3660 phones.  It should work on other Symbian Series 60 phones without modification.  To make it work on other phones, like the Series 70 and 80, will require recompiling the code for that platform.  We intend to target more phones in the near future.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 08:50:54 am »
Hi,

do you perhaps know if SonyEricsson P800, P900, P910 fall into these Symbian categories ?

Regards,

Robert.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 12:09:27 pm »
Those Sony Ericsson models are Symbian UIQ.  They're actually quite different since they have a touch-screen interface and the UI is very different.  We have a P900 here that we intend to get it working on, however it's been a lower priority since those phones are actually not ideal as remote controls.  The touch-screen interface is nice, and the display is big, but for channel surfing and other tasks in a dark room, and general remote control operation, most people prefer physical hard buttons.  The S.E. Px series don't have an up/down/left/right/enter joystick to navigate on-screen menus.  The regular, non-touchscreen phones, while not as "cool", actually make better remotes since they have more physical buttons.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 09:12:06 pm »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
Those Sony Ericsson models are Symbian UIQ.  They're actually quite different since they have a touch-screen interface and the UI is very different.  We have a P900 here that we intend to get it working on, however it's been a lower priority since those phones are actually not ideal as remote controls.  The touch-screen interface is nice, and the display is big, but for channel surfing and other tasks in a dark room, and general remote control operation, most people prefer physical hard buttons.  The S.E. Px series don't have an up/down/left/right/enter joystick to navigate on-screen menus.  The regular, non-touchscreen phones, while not as "cool", actually make better remotes since they have more physical buttons.

Hi,

I see. I had P800 some time ago and it was quite good. They do have even better control for up/down and enter/up - it's on the left side - I think they call it jog dial. Only bemused server (bemused.sf.net) could use that wheel and it was really helpful.

Maybe you can take a peek at bemused server/client environment. They have implemented most of the stuff you probably need...

So the key of compatibility is beside Symbian also UI system ?

Regards,

Robert.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Does a SE T608 bluetooth phone work?
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 08:40:13 am »
Do you know if a Sony Ericsson T608 bluetooth phone will work? I am very interested in trying to get a whole setup going at home.
Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Does a SE T608 bluetooth phone work?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 08:40:28 am »
Do you know if a Sony Ericsson T608 bluetooth phone will work? I am very interested in trying to get a whole setup going at home.
Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 09:20:42 am »
I don't think that phone is Symbian based, but you should check Sony's spec sheet on it to be sure.  All the phones at; series60.com work for sure.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 10:31:36 am »
Just adding my support for a P9x0 interface!

Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 12:37:56 am »
Dear All,

are there any news about compatibillity to SE 9XX series?

I also vote for the development of UIQ compatibillity .

Best Regards

Eddie

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 12:38:21 am »
Dear All,

are there any news about compatibillity to SE 9XX series?

I also vote for the development of UIQ compatibillity .

Best Regards

Eddie

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 11:55:49 am »
no, there are no other news related to SE 9xx series. we have suppport for symbian 60 series and windows mobile 2003.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Series 60 Platform 3rd Edition
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 10:11:30 am »
Do you support the 3rd edition off S60? Like the N80?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 10:10:55 am »
There seems to be lots for differences between series 60 v 7.0 and 9.1 (http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/6190aad6-3b3b-4a6a-a53a-221e61c94248/S60_Platform_Porting_from_2nd_to_3rd_Edition_v1_1_en.pdf.html), but if you have the phone, you could try to see if PlutoMO we have works or not. If not, we'll need to compile it will the latest sdk.

Best regards,
Cristian Miron

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 10:32:56 pm »
Quote from: "chris.m"
If not, we'll need to compile it will the latest sdk.

I have now had time to test the newest version off PLUTO, and the software image for the mobile symbian, can't be installed on my N80.

Is says' Installation  off PlutoMO.sis is not supported"

Regards Per Bau