Author Topic: Playlist Editor - Rewrite  (Read 13891 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Playlist Editor - Rewrite
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 08:10:02 pm »
*hmm* but you still need the Flash authoring program to modify it and work on it.

come on people, are you really this dense?

Putting reliance on a commercial piece of software to modify a component is NOT a smart thing to do with a FREE SOFTWARE PROJECT!

-Thom

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 09:21:30 pm »
*hmm* but you still need the Flash authoring program to modify it and work on it.

come on people, are you really this dense?

Putting reliance on a commercial piece of software to modify a component is NOT a smart thing to do with a FREE SOFTWARE PROJECT!

-Thom

Yes... but you don't need to use 'commercial tools' to build Flash/Gnash apps.

But in any case i was not advocating continuing use of Flash at all... I was just pointing out we already ship with Flash 9 installed.

Andrew

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 09:24:36 pm by totallymaxed »
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 11:30:41 pm »
I like the work so far. You could use Gnash http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/ the FOSS version of Flash. And since most users will be editing on a desktop machine, not repurposing their TV for editing, using flash is less of an issue.

You don't have a delete for a song added that isn't wanted. The reordering didn't seem to work for me. Possibly because I have a bad entry in the list. I'll get some input to you on functionality and graphics in the next few days if you want. . . I think this is a good start on a better content manager than LMCE currently has.

Would it be possible to suppress attributes that may not make sense, like some of the video ones for music content?

And adding a complete album in one pass would be nice.

Sorry i wasnt specific on how to remove songs. You simply drag them from the list. I also added a new method to find stuff specifically by album, performer, etc. I will eventually add more features to this but that brings me to my second point.

Thom: Im still learning javascript, and as i stated before, eventually the flash will disappear and be replaced by the Javascript.  You made it clear that it wasnt a good idea to use this method, and you have a very solid point. But as many say: jump in and help. So thats what im doing. slowly? Yes. Its not like there were a lot of people interested in getting down and doing it, and im certainly not the most qualified.  but dont worry, im not that thick that I would leave it in a 'closed' state. If anything, this is a dry run to get ideas on where I want to end up.

So dont worry, I dont intend to call it done until we have a happy javascript version.  :-X Its just a matter of me learning it. tbh, im sure some enterprising young individual could start now with the php i've done on it so far (maybe?). Oh well, dont sweat it people. We will get there :)

As far as
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 12:05:47 pm »
Am I the only one missing something here - it doesn't work for me.
Downloaded zip, extracted as per instructions, pointed browser at localhost.
Page starts to load - Playlist frame appears, and no more.
Browser says waiting for localhost but nothing else draws on screen.

Any pointers?

thx
-Coley.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 04:16:54 pm »
Am I the only one missing something here - it doesn't work for me.
Downloaded zip, extracted as per instructions, pointed browser at localhost.
Page starts to load - Playlist frame appears, and no more.
Browser says waiting for localhost but nothing else draws on screen.

Any pointers?

thx
-Coley.

do you have any playlists currently? It should throw an error if it cant connect to the db. In the latest version you can add playlists from that same screen as well.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 04:30:50 pm »
ah - no I had no playlists set up.
Will try with latest version at home later.

-Coley.

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 11:20:59 pm »
Hi golgoj4

I gave a try to last release and it sounds good to me. Also UI is not that bad (for sure more usable than UI1..).

I faced an error while trying to remove a song from a playlist. Dragging the unwanted song out of the list throws this error:

Code: [Select]
[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: /playlistDelete.php"]

And when I try to drag a song to a different position within the playlist I get the following error:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Argument to implode must be an array. in <b>/var/www/DDMB/playlistAdd.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
  Files Added!

In both cases song is not removed/shifted.

Apart of this, I think that it looks very promising.

Thanks for your effort

Marco

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 01:00:17 am »
Hi golgoj4

I gave a try to last release and it sounds good to me. Also UI is not that bad (for sure more usable than UI1..).

I faced an error while trying to remove a song from a playlist. Dragging the unwanted song out of the list throws this error:

[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: /playlistDelete.php"]

thanks for the feedback. i will into this.

And when I try to drag a song to a different position within the playlist I get the following error:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Argument to implode must be an array. in <b>/var/www/DDMB/playlistAdd.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
  Files Added!

In both cases song is not removed/shifted.

Apart of this, I think that it looks very promising.

Thanks for your effort

Marco

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:58 am »
I like the work so far. You could use Gnash http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/ the FOSS version of Flash. And since most users will be editing on a desktop machine, not repurposing their TV for editing, using flash is less of an issue.

You don't have a delete for a song added that isn't wanted. The reordering didn't seem to work for me. Possibly because I have a bad entry in the list. I'll get some input to you on functionality and graphics in the next few days if you want. . . I think this is a good start on a better content manager than LMCE currently has.

Would it be possible to suppress attributes that may not make sense, like some of the video ones for music content?

And adding a complete album in one pass would be nice.

Thanks for the feed back.

in the next pass i hope to:

-fix the reordering issue
-add in tooltips or a help popup. btw, to remove unwanted files drag them from the list. i will more than likely add a trash can icon or something to make it more obvious.
-arrange the filtering to just show music related attributes such as performers, genres, albums, etc.
-About the albums: add them all at once how exactly? I was thinking:
  -select by filter by album and then dragging the album to the play list without having to go to the file panel to select each one.
  -Or a small pop up showing the album with check boxes for the track(s) you want?

And another question while we are on media.
Shares. Right now im trying to work out a browse by file system but its kickin mah butt. help?!? Currently the best I have is searching by path, but that isnt quite where I want to be. I've been staring at what they've done in the webadmin currently for a couple months and it still doesn't make sense so any help is appreciated.

For instance. I know how many hd's i have and where they are. But i dont know how other stuff show up under the system, namely windows shares, network storage and raid drives. Any examples of tips on that would be great.

thanks for the feedback again
-golgoj4

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 04:55:50 am »
Hey golgoj4, all,

Thanks for the tool. I recently installed this and can browse to the URL - however I can't get the file panel to populate.

I have a playlist created - can see all my media in the second box (e.g. sort by Performer brings all my music up), however when I select anyone - it just pops up with a loading box: " Select by Genre <artist name> Loading"...

It'll stay that way for ever if I don't cancel it (click OK), and the file panel won't get populated. Using 0710.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Cheers,
Adriel.

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 06:05:04 am »
I have been using it and I do have it working. The operation is a little mystical since it doesn't give a lot of clues as to whats happening. And if the metadata isn't right or hasn't been read by LMCE its, well, "lost".

I would really like to see more progress on it and a file manager/attribute editor component. The attribute editor in LMCE is very clunky and slow to use. However there aren't other options. I tried media monkey and its edits are not recognized by LMCE. I'm using FLAC so thats part of the problem.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 07:51:25 am »
I have been using it and I do have it working. The operation is a little mystical since it doesn't give a lot of clues as to whats happening. And if the metadata isn't right or hasn't been read by LMCE its, well, "lost".

I would really like to see more progress on it and a file manager/attribute editor component. The attribute editor in LMCE is very clunky and slow to use. However there aren't other options. I tried media monkey and its edits are not recognized by LMCE. I'm using FLAC so thats part of the problem.

Not sure about FLAC, but I edit all my id3 embedded tags for audio (mp3) just using Windows XP explorer against the file share (local). Go to properties of the file, and enter what you want, OK. You can also select multiple files, choose properties, then change only the attributes you want to be the same, and OK. UpdateMedia does the rest. There are plenty of other mp3 editors as well..... but I agree a single Flash(y) interface like golgoj5 started to create/modify playlists and attributes would be a huge boon! Hope he's still working on it!