So im making a new playlist editor. And I would like the community's input.
This started when LON22 created the batch assign script. I liked it because it let me organize the media a little bit faster than go through every single file.
Which brings us to the playlist editor. I wanted to add some functionality to it as well as make it run just a little faster.
blah blah blah.
The 1st incarnation is done* and I was looking on some input from the community on a couple things:
- Colors and layout. I am not a graphic designer. Nor do I claim to be. So if any suggestions on the look and feel would be awesome. My main goal was to get it working first, make it pretty second.
- Coding. This isnt as important right now but by the time this is done, it will need to be added into the webadmin so its organized with the rest webadmin. Problem is, im having some difficulty there, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
I dont see how to add a file here so i'll just post the link to where it is. The instructions are on that page, but i'll say them here too.
1. Copy into the /var/www/ directory
3. Point browser to the directory on your core. EX: http://dcerouter/DDMB/
4. All files need to be in the same folder.
5. After that, flame me for bad coding.
Thats about it.
Note: This should'nt break your system or existing playlists. If anything, there may be an issue with the playlist ordering. If you recieve an error, its because it was fixing something in the background. Performing the same action that gave an error should would the second time because any issues with playlist order will have been fixed. There is one error that i have yet to track down which involves funky characters in the filename. Nothing breaks, just tells you there was an error.
Also, it was updated on 4-16-08, minor issue with adding playlists.