Author Topic: Remote Control and LIRC Questions  (Read 3745 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Remote Control and LIRC Questions
« on: December 02, 2005, 06:59:36 pm »
Hello,

I have finally figured out the problem I was having with LIRC, and it turns out to be a IRQ issue and not any issue related to Pluto.  

Now that I have the remote working I have a couple of questions related to how to assign extra buttons to certain function.

when I:
cat /var/log/pluto/38_LIRC_DCE.newlog

I see several buttons assigned to funtions,  I have the radioshack 25-2116 remote which has arrow buttons and a Select button, which are being recognized. confirmed by irw, but are not assigned any functions according to the log.

My question is how can I add a configuration for the Select button which has the same function as Enter?

Also, It appears that Pluto assigns button function based on screen maps.  the log reports changing of screen, is this correct?

I am also having some navigation issues with the main screen.  The arrow buttons work right and left arrow buttons work to move the highlight box, the up and down arrows do not, these buttons are mapped as ChanUp nd ChanDown, and I have to use the enter button and not the Select button which is centered between all of the arrow buttons.

One last question,  do I need to have an lircrc file in the .mythtv directory or does Pluto take care of this file.  

Thanks for the wonderful system, I am just fine tuning for now

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Remote Control and LIRC Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 09:20:59 pm »
Hi,

for key to action mapping see RemoteMapping table in pluto_main database... The problems is that each lircd.conf has slightly different naming of keys, so in that table you can put all possible names under same action (right part is DCE message that actually gets sent)..

Regarding mythtv: that's the puzzle I'm solving too - since Pluto is sending keys to mythtv, I think that mythtv doesn't need its own lircrc - actually it shouldn't be used - cause you could get double actions on single keypress - but I cannot get it to work bymyself too, so think this only as loud thinking...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 12:57:28 am »
I have adjusted the RemoteMapping section to recognize the key from my lircd.conf.  This has corrected my problem with almost all navigation issues with the exception of MythTV.

I have noticed that there are screen types recognized that do not seem to have RemoteMappings for:

Code: [Select]
10      12/03/05 17:40:35.352           Connect OK
10      12/03/05 17:40:35.415           Leeching
10      12/03/05 17:40:35.415           Requesthandler 0x806c828 (device: 38) ru
nThread now running
10      12/03/05 17:40:35.494           Screen type now M

M is not one of the screen listed.  

I have been wondering if there is a way to have Pluto not send commands to MythTV and just use the lircrc file.  It appears that the only commands that are sent twice are the ones that pluto also sends.  

I have been playing around and the most function I have in mythtv is when I have the mythfrontend load the lircrc.  I am going to experiement with commenting out the lines from the lircrc files that pluto also sends, but this seems like a very poor hack.

I will keep you posted if I am able to figure it out.

Thanks

Rob