Author Topic: hdhomerun video but no audio  (Read 3805 times)

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
hdhomerun video but no audio
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:03:30 am »
Howdy,

Just received my hdhomerun and attempted plug 'n pray.  Everything appeared to install correctly.  But ended up being able to view channels but not hear them.  Updated the firmware to the latest, no change.  Looked around the pluto admin page but didn't see anything wanting me to specify an audio pipe for the hdhomerun.  My core/hybrid pipes output to my AV receiver which works fine for the DVD playback.  I'm still at 0710 beta 3.

Any hints?

TIA,
Roy

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: hdhomerun video but no audio
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:56:08 am »
Just did a new install of 0710 beta 4.  The HDHomeRun was discovered and audio does work.  Video is VERY poor quality and slow frame rate.  Also only about a quarter of the OTA channels were discovered.  Never did get the guide stuff to work before the 7 day trail period expired.  Directly entering a channel number does not work. The only way to change channels appears to be by pressing the next/previous chapter buttons.

So far extremely under-impressed with HDHomeRun/MythTV.

Have fun,
Roy

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 03:20:40 pm »
I ran an HDHomeRun under beta3 for almost 3 months... running it under RC1 at the moment, again, no problems. You may want to check the compatibility of your cable connection, perhaps a modulation difference?

I use HDHomeRun to pull OTA ATSC, but I have successfully used it to pull the QAM256 off of Comcast cable (they do nasty things to the PSIP though, so channel #s are always fun to decode) :-P

-Thom

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:14:02 pm »
You may want to check the compatibility of your cable connection, perhaps a modulation difference?

I'm using a radio shack HD antenna.  No cable, just OTA.  Antenna works pretty good feeding directly into the TV.  I've been feeding it into Tuner 0 on the HDHomeRun, I'll give Tuner 1 a try.

Thank you,
Roy