Author Topic: Media upload and Orbiter Issues  (Read 3498 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Media upload and Orbiter Issues
« on: August 21, 2005, 10:19:49 am »
Hi everyone,

Just got the core system up -- I have to say, I'm very impressed with what everyone has done here.  Can't wait to customize it some more.

Two issues I've run into so far, however:

1.  I've uploaded my media via samba, resynchronized, and the directories I copied to Pluto show up under public\data\music as I would expect them to... but when I drill down further to a specific song, it says the song exists in the database but not on disk.  When I switch to the browser, no music shows up.  Any thoughts?

2.  I installed the XP Orbiter on my laptop and after a few initial problems with failures to connect and receive the configuration file (solved by an uninstall/reinstall AFTER the device was added fully on the admin site), I am now encountering another issue.  When I launch the Orbiter, it seems to start up but then says "Orbiter cannot start because no screens are generated.  To generate screens, please use OrbiterGen."  Well, I've searched and I can't find any mention of anything called OrbiterGen, except in the changelog for releases.  Ideas?

I'd appreciate your input!  Thanks!

-- Corey

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: #2
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 06:34:48 pm »
Well I am no expert (and have no Orbiters yet), but if you look in your Pluto Admin site at Wizards->Devices->Orbiters, you'll see a couple of choices at the bottom that say Quick regen and Full regen which is probably what you want.

The OrbiterRegen found at /usr/pluto/bin/OrbiterRegen, but you probably want to hit it from Pluto Admin as above.

Hope that helps.

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
OrbiterGen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 07:12:07 pm »
Well, oddly enough the Orbiter problem seems to be gone this morning.

I am still curious as to whether I uploaded my media properly, however, because I still can't see any of the files -- except in the synchronize area, where it says the directories that hold the files are 'on disk' but not in the database, and the files within the directories themselves are 'in the database,' but not 'on disk.'

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

-- Corey

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Actually...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 07:22:29 pm »
I'm wondering actually... I think all the files might be there properly.  I added an attribute to a song and then it turned up in the media browser.  I think I'm just "not seeing" them anywhere because I haven't added any media directors, squeezeboxes, etc., yet.

Maybe I'm good to go!

Still... Does everyone else's media show up with the check mark indicating that the files are both on disk and in the database?  Doesn't look right.  Oh well.

Thanks.

-- Corey

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 09:19:09 am »
except in the synchronize area, where it says the directories that hold the files are 'on disk' but not in the database, and the files within the directories themselves are 'in the database,' but not 'on disk.'

It's a bug in the routine who extract the files from physical directory who appear for directories with spaces or quotes in names. To fix this, edit /var/www/pluto-admin/include/utils.inc.php and replace line 847:
Code: [Select]
exec('find '.$PathParm.' '.$fileParm.' -maxdepth 1',$retArray);
with
exec('find "'.$PathParm.'" '.$fileParm.' -maxdepth 1',$retArray);

Sorry about that,
Vali G.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Hmm
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 03:18:13 am »
Well, I updated the script but it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.  All of my music sub-directories still show as on disk only, and all the audio files within those directories still show as in database only.

I guess it's not really a big deal as long as the system knows the files actually are there... Was there something I was supposed to do after changing the script?  I tried all the normal stuff (resynchronizing, respawning, rebooting, etc).

Thanks for the fix anyway, Vali, it makes sense that would cause the problem.

-- Corey

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:53:36 am »
I think the problem is, that the php-scripts run as user www-data. This user have no rights to access your files. I added
www-data        ALL=(root) NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/find to my /etc/sudoers and it works fine.

inschenjoer