Author Topic: Neuros OSD  (Read 2654 times)

naturalblue

• View Profile
Neuros OSD
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:35:39 pm »
I have a Neuros OSD device. It is a great little media system.
I was wondering if anyone had any luck (or even tried) getting it to boot an MD image.
The size and power of these would make them a great MD.
Also they are Linux based so I think the source can be downloaded, (they say they are all for open-source so I can't see why they wouldn't want it to be able to boot the MD images for LinuxMCE).
Regards

dopey

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Neuros OSD
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:21:31 am »
I have one too, but have very little hope on getting this to work as a MD. Space is the main issue, plus it's very slow. In fact there is so little space they are now issuing free CF card upgrades so the new firmware (they are moving to QT) can load on it. It will work well for a small SD (don't even try HD) media player/recorder and I guess it is possible to get LMCE to control and use it, but there are far better options for a MD.

naturalblue

• View Profile
Re: Neuros OSD
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 10:26:56 am »
There probably is better options but as a lot of people have this, it would be nice to use it as an MD.
I would like to have a common setup/interface on all my systems. Also the remote control is fairly handy.
Last thing, it is cheaper to buy a 4GB CF or a 4GB SD card than to buy another device.
I'm just trying to get a little bit more mileage out of this purchase.
Thanx for your reply.