Author Topic: Dumb remote/event question  (Read 3113 times)

controllore

• View Profile
Dumb remote/event question
« on: April 07, 2008, 07:42:05 pm »
It' probably something stupid here that I'm missing, but I keep having my Yamaha receiver being shut down after 5 minutes.
This happens when the system is not playing media.
Once powered off also my usb-irt controlled plasma TV goes down in few minutes because of the lack of a video signal.
So far so good but a couple of questions arise:

Can I specify the amount of time to pass before the power off of the receiver (and where has to be done)?

Is there a way, preferibly using the fiire remote, to power on the receiver (and maybe the tv, as the tv is my primary screen)?
Have I to "program" an event/scenario? Or is there a simpler way to achieve this?

Im my mind, since was LMCE turning off the receiver, I thought pressing a button on the remote would instruct LMCE to "resume" the normal activity, hence powering back on the devices it switched off because of the idle state... clearly it's not happening.
Abit AN-M2HD
AMD BE2400
2Gb 800Mhz ddr2 dc RAM
80 Gb 5500 rpm 2.5" HDD
Silverstone LC19 (120w PSU)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb remote/event question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 12:21:55 am »
Hi,

something similar happened to me also - it seems that when Orbiter goes into screensaver, it shuts off connected receivers over audio pipe...
Not sure (talking out of my memory), but it only happens if Orbiter is in control of that device or maybe in the same room at the time of transition to screensaver....

Try to remember exact time of this event and check DCERouter's log. I bet you'll see it in there....

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

controllore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:56:32 pm »
Thanks,
I'll check that out...

Abit AN-M2HD
AMD BE2400
2Gb 800Mhz ddr2 dc RAM
80 Gb 5500 rpm 2.5" HDD

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 10:49:47 pm »
i think what is happening here is the orbiter timeout, located in the orbiters section of 'devices' in the webadmin. There is a specific setting on that page called 'Seconds before power off  '. That is where you can specify the timeout. Also, there is a similar option to adjust the screen saver, say for watching online videos and other media that lmce cant tell is running.

hope this helps
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

controllore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:19:57 am »
It was definitely the Orbiter...
I changed the timeout from 600,600 to a greater value and after a quick router reload it worked.
By the way, why 2 values?

Anyway, thanks both of you for your precious hints!
Abit AN-M2HD
AMD BE2400
2Gb 800Mhz ddr2 dc RAM
80 Gb 5500 rpm 2.5" HDD

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 05:59:44 pm »
It was definitely the Orbiter...
I changed the timeout from 600,600 to a greater value and after a quick router reload it worked.
By the way, why 2 values?

Anyway, thanks both of you for your precious hints!

one of the values is for the display, and the other is if you are using the 'computing' function to watch a video on the web, it prevents the screen saver  from popping up. its not just for video but that just an example. it controls the amount of time before the photo ss kicks in.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.