Just managed to get MythTV to show something on my screen.
Let me explain a bit:
- DVD setup beta4
- One Core/Hybrid - WITHOUT TV CARD
- One MD - WITH PVR-150 and M$ MCE remote control
I had quite some fumbling to do before I managed to get TV image on my screen, but that is possibly due to my not knowing anything at all about MythTV!!
As there is no known provider available for my region (Belgium) I copied and grabbed an example off a website to provide for Belgium.
This worked allright, but, during my fumbling I created several "sources" in attempting to get TV going.
Also I chose, at a certain point, to have MythTV scan for channels.
Result is that I have a completely garbled channel information, containing channels 3 times, and also there are plenty of empty places...
1. What is the best way to clean this manually and in the mean time get a better understanding of MythTV? (I tried to record, but it doesn't seem to work etc.) Can this be done here: http://192.168.80.1/mythweb/settings/channels
? Or is it better to use the channel editor in MythTV?
2. How can I control channel chosing with the M$ MCE remote? It does react to some buttons, but using channel + / - doesn't seem to work as expected...
3. Is there some place to manage the remote's functions and buttons for MythTV?
4. TV image is shaky, it seems like frames are missing? What are the recommendd settings here?
Thanks a ton for your precious advice!