Author Topic: Xine and wide screen (16:9)  (Read 16927 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Xine and wide screen (16:9)
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:00:19 am »
I plugged a wide screen tv on my hybrid, but all videos are played in 4:3 format, i.e with black side bars.

OnScreen Orbiter fits properly on the wide screen, but xine won't do it.

On xine FAQ there is a note saying that xine cares about a parameter in XF86config-4 (DisplaySize) that should contain the size of the screen in mm.

I've tried to set that parameter to my actual screen size, but no result.

Has anyone succeeded in playing a "full screen" video on a 16:9 TV?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 05:24:05 pm »
Really no one has Xine working in 16:9 ?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:36:29 pm »
Quote from: "MarcoZan"
Really no one has Xine working in 16:9 ?

TIA
Marco

We have it working ok here.

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 11:56:32 am »
Actually I wasn't that clear in my first post ....  :oops:

The problem affects only DivX files that are stored in my hybrid and that I'm playing with Xine plugin.

In this situation I cannot adjust screen size, because Xine plugin does not handle any of genuine xine commands apart of general ones (volume, start-stop-pause, rewind-forward).

If I play the same video launching Xine with a script in computing section (i.e. not using Xine Plugin) I have a kind of a remote control that allow me to do whatever I want, including pressing "a" key until I get anamorfic mode.

For some videos (really 4:3) the result is a distorted/stretched image that is not pleasant to view, but I have a lot of videos that are looking great in anamorfic mode.
So basically it would be a matter to be able to control this parameters from Xine plugin (i.e. from Orbiters)

This concept would also apply to other xine commands (switch subtitles on/off, change language on the fly, display lenght-duration-time of playing movie/video)

Has anyone else this kind of problem, and if so is there an easy solution?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 12:47:37 pm »
Looking at the Xine plugin source it would seem to be an easy ;-) task to add support for adjusting those other Xine parameters you mention. I guess the issue is probably more to do with how are they delivered to the user? ie what is the UI

Why don't you post a feature request on Mantis and get some feedback from the Dev team/others there.

Andrew