Author Topic: Media Directors  (Read 2650 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Media Directors
« on: December 05, 2005, 05:50:45 pm »
Hi

Non of media directors will oot, I had the original installtion with all my machines on, it worked before.  Since then I have changed the machines that will be media directors, I have updated the media directors page on the pluto admin site with the new Mac Addresses.

They seem to get a config and load the network boot file, but when it seems as if it will go into being a media director, the screen gets stuck on a shaded background, with a cross for the cursor, I cannot get past this.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

Or do you know how I can change the installation number on the pluto system to match the inatalltion for the new media directors -

on my existing Pluto Core I have a lot of Video / Audio  I want to keep these so would just like to update my current installation with a new installation number, then I could logonto the plutohome site and recreate the media director.

I know the directors work so this is all I can link it to

Any ideas?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Media Directors
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 10:09:34 am »
if you delete or add a new media director with a new mac address you have to press that button on the bottom of the scree "setup diskless"
so they get an ip asigned with the mac address
after that reload the router so the new device is loaded in router list.
we changed the way we setup the initial config, so you won't be able to recreate media directors from plutohome.com
just use the media directors page from your pluto-admin website.