Author Topic: Linksys NAS - Media Not listed  (Read 3472 times)

vicky_from_hell

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Linksys NAS - Media Not listed
« on: April 02, 2008, 02:19:06 am »
Hi Guys,

I am being trying to load my Linksys NAS200 from couple of weeks now. Need Help please .....

Linux MCE detects the NAS, creates Windows Share but is not able to show me the media files. I have tried every possible way including reconfiguring the Device, re-installing MCE and even tried to sync the files.....

I have also provided username and password to admin website, just incase if required....

Please help!!!! i have also tried all the help i could find on internet, but no luck.....

Thanks for your help.....

Vicky

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Linksys NAS - Media Not listed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 06:19:37 am »
Does the device representing the share have a tick in the box at the bottom saying "online"? If this isn't ticked then it thinks your NAS is offline which is why it won't show you any of the media. You may have to switch between cifs and smbfs in the config for that share...

vicky_from_hell

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 09:27:36 am »
Thanks for reply mate ...

It says Online .... i mean Online box is ticked.

Need help... pls

Thanks

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:15:41 am »
OK, lets see if UpdateMedia is populating the database then. The media grids where your media is shown are drawn from the database, not from a simple directory list. The database is populated by UpdateMedia. If you go to the admin site and choose File & Media menu, then Media File Sync, you can then navigate down through the directory structure as the database understands it in the left hand pane. Go to "audio", say, and you should see the Windows Share in there. Click into that and your NAS folders and files should be in there.

Depending on which version of LMCE you are using (Beta4 is best) you will have two tick boxes in the right pain to display attributes and files missing from disk - turn those on. If the admin tool can see a media file both on disk and in the database (ie they are in sync) it will have a big colourful tick next to it in the right pane. If it can only see it on disk but not in the database it will appear as a drive icon next to the file name. If it is only in the database and not on disk, these will be summarised at the bottom of the web page on the right pane noted as missing from disk.

For anything to appear in the media grids, they have to both have the big colourful tick and be on a share that is "online". You have confirmed the latter, so check the former now in the admin site.

BTW - what do you actually see in the media grid? Any media at all, not even local media on the Core? By default the media grids start in an attribute "sort" mode, so if your media doesn't have any attributes (either embedded as id3 tags, or as separate .id3 files with the same name) then the media grid will appear empty. You can check this quickly by choosing the "Sort" menu in the bottom left of the media grid, then choose Filename as the sort option. This will then let you navigate using a normal folder/file structure - your media doesn't have to have any attributes at all to appear in that mode....

Col

vicky_from_hell

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:40:21 am »
Thanks for reply colinjones.... but i think i sorted it out.... there was a space in between the folder name....

But i have a new problem .... i can't run VOB files which i have ripped from dvd's using DVD shrink... Hope someone would be able to solve this as well....

Thanks...