Author Topic: CM11A Not recognized. getting libserial.so not found  (Read 4555 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
CM11A Not recognized. getting libserial.so not found
« on: November 24, 2005, 02:54:24 am »
I am trying to plug the CM11A device and not successful so far. I added the device as controlled by CORE. I picked the CM11A template. I wanted to send a command to the device for testing. I dont see anything under the menu option in the "Send command" page. It reads Please select thats all.

I am guessing pluto recognized the device as a generic serial device and i am seeing errors in pluto log.
/var/log/pluto/22_Generic_Serial_Device.log is full of errors pointing to libserial.so not found.
"error while loading shared libraries: libserial.so cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory"
I am not sure if the install process didnt load something.
how do I resolve this without having to re-install pluto.

Thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 10:32:00 am »
cm11a should work, we don't have problems with this device.
this is the way how i set it up when testing:
pluto-admin devices> interfaces
add device controled by core and choose the serial port as COM Port on PC
add lighting device, controled by cm11a and provide the channel for it
reload router and should work

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 04:01:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply
I re-installed the pluto-serial-device module thru apt-get. I dont get the libserial.so error but I get a communication exception of var/log/pluto/23_CM11A log file.
It is unable to communicate.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 09:22:10 am »
libserial.so is in package "pluto-libserial", there is no such package "pluto-serial-device", only "pluto-generic-serial-device" but it's completly different thing from CM11 device.

I'm not quite sure what happend on your system (I repeat CM11A is something VERY different from Generic_Serial_Device). So please remove the device you tried to add, then go to "Wizard" -> "Devices" -> "Interfaces" and add a CM11A device from there.

If you want you can check if cm11a and libserial are installed
Code: [Select]
dpkg -l 'pluto-cm11a'
dpkg -l 'pluto-libserial'

But I'm pretty sure that if you follow the steps everything should be fine.

Set the port which is used by CM11A, add some lights, quick reload the router and that's it.

Now regarding your communication error : WHAT is not able to comunicate with WHAT?
Is the message like :
Code: [Select]
Cannot communicate with router
If so, there is a problem with your router, make sure it's running, and the device you are trying ro run is same version with your DCERouter.
This shouldn't happend but if you upgraded some package by hand and not the whole pluto system this is quite possible.